Camp Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Camp Jeep

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-13-2004, 09:26 PM   #1
TJ Toy time

Camp Jeep

Anyone going????, this will be my first time.

AR 767 15x8
XM Satalite
Wet Okole's
Uniden CB w/firestick
3" Teraflex
Rancho RSX Shocks
Rancho Stablizer
32"X11.5" Goodyear MTR
AA SYE
Tom Woods CV Drive Shaft
Spyder Coustoms Rockers
TJ Toy time is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2004, 09:55 PM   #2
Pakrjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Toy time
Anyone going????, this will be my first time.

Yeah, I'm going. Gonna bring a buddy with me. We are staying at a Holiday Inn in Charlottesville. Do you know where you will be?

It will be my first time too, so I've still got lots of questions. Looks fun though, can't wait.

[COLOR=blue]Air Force Jeep Club Member # 2[/COLOR]
Pakrjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2004, 10:43 PM   #3
TJSilverSport02

I went last year for the first time to check one out.

Will I go again....probly not, if all you want to do is wheel all day.

All in all it was a good time for myself and the family. Sign up ASAP for the days you want to go kyaking, bike riding, etc. If not they put you when they want to. The camp was interesting with the exhibts and the off road driving course. Lots of stuff such as RC cars, dirt bikes, extreme biking for the kids (if you got some).

The camp can be done in 1-2 days. After we did the Camp itself, the next days we would go on the trails, then head back to the Holiday Inn in Chartown, about a 45 minute ride back north and swim and relax.

Food was, eh..OK.

The local clubs who trail guided were great and worked thier butts off trying to get ~1400 heeps on the 9 or 10 trails to ride.

And thats the problem, of the 5 trails we went on, no ride was more than a few hours long. Which is OK if you realize everybody wants to (and should for the money you pay) ride the trails. The first ride on the first day was ~45 minutes long.

If you are willing to pay to ride and enjoy the company of new people who like to ride, Check out a Jeep Jamboree. I dont plan on making them a steady thing, but the jamboree in French Lick was alot of fun. And you Wheel all day long with just a break at lunch time. All the food was great too. Raffles on the last day.

Go'na check out Drummond Island this June.

Tom
Unread 02-14-2004, 10:52 AM   #4
ChicagoJeeper66

Ill be heading down, driving down from Chicago! I went to the French Lick Jamboree last year and had a great time. I got stuck in the mud a lot cause it rained the night before :0( But I am really looking forward to Camp Jeep, never been to one before. Hopefully itll be me and my gf, not sure if we are going to rough it or get a hotel, i ought to figure that out pretty soon.

Anyway, hope to see you all there.
Unread 07-11-2004, 06:50 AM   #5
thedegnans

Satyr and Trinity

We will be at the KOA just outside of town.

My family owns the Mudd House, near the Omni, so we will be haning out there a lot too.

Feel free to come by and say hi!
thedegnans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2004, 07:16 AM   #6
jeepmudgirl
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm come up from SC...well MD. I'm driving up early to drive from MD. We are roughing it...where I don't know. This is my first camp jeep also.
All Girl Jeep Club Member #4
White Jeep Club Member #24
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - Stock..for now
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport - 4" lift with 33's
8.8, AtoZ rocker guards,Rockhard cage add on....etc.
jeepmudgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.