California Tops scuba covers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > California Tops scuba covers

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-16-2003, 10:13 PM   #1
Red97Sport

California Tops scuba covers

Im looking at buying these for my Jeep, and didnt wanna buy straight from them, what places online sell these? anywhere?

3.5" Rubicon Express Lift
Red97Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2003, 10:53 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Were you aware that neopreme seat covers soak up water and are hard as hell to dry off? Sweat collects in them too and they can stink until you spray them with Lysol. I personally won't touch neopreme seat covers... I have way too much experience with neopreme to ever use them for seat covers.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2003, 11:03 AM   #3
SKYJACKED99TJ

I guess it depends on what conditions you wheel in and if you leave your top down alot . I think neoprene is excellent for keeping water from soaking into the cloth and foam of the stock seats for the occasional rain shower your jeep can get caught in . Neoprene can also be pulled off and hosed down to get all the mud and muck cleaned off after a wheeling trip. As for the drying I always just hang dry my life vests and wetsuits and my ice fishing gloves all made of neoprene.
Unread 07-17-2003, 12:39 PM   #4
macb

EDIT: I stand corrected!

there are people that love the wet okole/neoprene seats...and those that hate em.

me? i will spend the money on a set of $30 seat covers that I can throw away and replace whenever I feel like it...

JMO

[url=http://www.cafepress.com/H2RT]No Bling - H2 Recovery Gear[/url]

Bob Supplee:supplee@ionet.net or (405) 799-8977
Stu Olson's great jeep resource site: [url=http://www.stu-offroad.com]www.stu-offroad.com[/url]

Last edited by macb; 07-17-2003 at 10:05 PM..
macb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2003, 01:24 PM   #5
Flexin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by mcgawb
neoprene will not keep the water from getting to your seats...
any diver can tell you the difference between a wet suit and a dry suit...
and if not cleaned properly it will either
stink - you didn't clean it
rot - you didn't clean it with the right stuff

there are people that love the wet okole/neoprene seats...and those that hate em.

me? i will spend the money on a set of $30 seat covers that I can throw away and replace whenever I feel like it...

JMO
I am a diver. The reason you get wet in a wet suit is because it doesn't seal at the openings like the neck and the wrist. I believe the surface of the covers would hold a bit of water but not the hole thing like a regular seat cover. Neoprene does need to be taken care of or the will not last long. I would like to see a set in person myself.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2003, 06:58 PM   #6
PADI_Pro

I've been a scuba instructor for three years, and have spent many hours in neoprene from the age of 14. Neoprene will hold water quite well - why else do we have to hang them up to dry after diving? But the chance of water seeping through the neoprene to the seat underneath is slim. I imagine it would take a real drencher to to that. I would be worried about them starting to stink after getting wet, but there are plenty of enzyme cleaners out there that do a great job.

My problem with the neoprene seat covers is heat. I know how hot a wetsuit can get - I don't really want to sit on one all the time when I'm driving my jeep. But to each his/her own.

Savin' up for the mods.
PADI_Pro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2003, 08:55 PM   #7
Musky

In the summer
when I'm taking a drive,
I have a sweaty butt
by the time I arrive.

32" BFG a/t's, RE BB, Spidertrax, Garvin Wilderness rack, soft doors, Quick Mirror II's, loose maglite rolling on floor, Bud caps in console, permanent mud stains.
Musky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2003, 08:13 AM   #8
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Get the Bestops
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2003, 05:49 AM   #9
AgentZed

A number of people have posted issues of intolerably poor customer service from California Tops. See this earlier thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...threadid=32356
[b][color=white]White Jeep Club member #101010[/color][/b]
AgentZed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2003, 10:34 AM   #10
sulldoggy

seats

I have had my OKeles over a year now
I can't vouch for water proofing, since my top
is rarely off(a court order from my lovely EX,
because of my 2 kids,sigh)
BUt
They are easy to clean in the washer, using the
cleaner OKele sells, then just hang em out a bit.
they've held up tom ky kids crap as well as my
damn dog...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.