A/C and Heater blower motor not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > A/C and Heater blower motor not working

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 11-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
TresMarkham
2000 TJ Wrangler 

A/C and Heater blower motor not working

My blower on my heating and A/C is not working. When I am driving air will barely come out but other than that nothing. A few months ago it only ran on high, and now if I hit a hard bump the high setting will sometimes kick back in. I'm pretty sure that it is either the blower motor resistor or the blower motor control switch. Any ideas?

TresMarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
jdhawes
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got a similar issue also, but my blower only works in the top two positions. It has been like that for almost a year but i am sure it is on its way to going completley out. I was going to start with the switch, then move onto the resistor.
jdhawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
JPNinPA
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TresMarkham View Post
My blower on my heating and A/C is not working. When I am driving air will barely come out but other than that nothing. A few months ago it only ran on high, and now if I hit a hard bump the high setting will sometimes kick back in. I'm pretty sure that it is either the blower motor resistor or the blower motor control switch. Any ideas?
Sounds like you may have more than one issue. First look over the motor wiring and ground, select switch and connection and connection at the resistor. Look for melted wiring. Once you get the high setting to work properly then look at replacing the resistor.
There are several posts on here with photos of what to look for.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.