A/C drip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > A/C drip

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 07-29-2003, 08:00 AM   #1
drew622

A/C drip

2 hours into a long Texas road trip, my wife noticed that the A/C was slowly dripping water on her foot. Next my speakers quit working, but the radio was still on. After coming to a stop, I noticed a fair amount of condensation below the middle A/C vent and above the radio....hmmmmm? Once we got to our destination, I let the Jeep sit for a few hours, got back in and the radio/speakers have worked flawlessly ever since. Not to mention the A/C in my Jeep is one of the coldest I've ever felt.....

But 2 more hours back on the road, the drip started up again...

Its at the dealership now, not being an A/C expert, could it be the evaportor core going out?? Any one else have this problem.

My Jeep is a 2000 Sport, I-6, hard top, KC's, K&N...lift and tires soon to come.....

2000 Red Sport, K&N, Rock Crawlers, K/C's, 1"BL, 2"BB, 33 BFG A/T, 4:10's, A TO Z FAB front bumper, LoD rear bumper
Red Jeep Club #89
drew622 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2003, 08:06 AM   #2
Owen

use the search function and type in "leak" make sure you switch to teh tJ section instead of the default admin section or you won't get any results. This is a common issue. The infamous TJ leak.
Unread 07-29-2003, 08:28 AM   #3
drew622

Thanks.....mad props to the search engine!!!
2000 Red Sport, K&N, Rock Crawlers, K/C's, 1"BL, 2"BB, 33 BFG A/T, 4:10's, A TO Z FAB front bumper, LoD rear bumper
Red Jeep Club #89
drew622 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.