Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

A/C condensate floor puddle?

496 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Momamac 
#1 ·
I have a '97 TJ that dribbles A/C condensate water on my passenger side floorboard. I have blown thru the firewall drain and vacuumed the drain with an adapted shop vac hose. The puddles continue. Does anybody out here in Jeepworld have an idea for a fix?

#3 ·
From somewhere in the back of my mind I remember an "L" (pointing down) shaped rubber hose being added to the drain port coming out of the firewall. This is used because when driving the air coming through the engine cavity would push the condensing water back along the drain port and dropping inside the back of the firewall.
I added a hose to the port to send that drainage back to mid frame. I don't like any fluids dripping/draining from my engine compartment onto the ground. I did the same thing for the windshield washer tank and the coolant reservoir...

#4 ·
Knuckelhead said:
From somewhere in the back of my mind I remember an "L" (pointing down) shaped rubber hose being added to the drain port coming out of the firewall. This is used because when driving the air coming through the engine cavity would push the condensing water back along the drain port and dropping inside the back of the firewall. I added a hose to the port to send that drainage back to mid frame. I don't like any fluids dripping/draining from my engine compartment onto the ground. I did the same thing for the windshield washer tank and the coolant reservoir...
I put a little rubber grommet on my drain as mine always leaked on the floor only at highway speeds with the a/c on. I think you are correct with the elbow, as I remember reading that on the forum a while back ago too

#5 ·
I found that a standard 1/2 pvc elbow from lowes/home depot plumbing section for .29 was a perfect fit, no glue required. A little black spray paint to make it blend in.

#7 ·
I think that the 90° elbow was an afterthought by Jeep. I made my own from heater hose parts I had laying around. No drips all summer, even after a 6 hour + drive from Michigan to Indiana and back with the air on most of the time!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.