a/c on big power loss - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > a/c on big power loss

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

a/c on big power loss

all the sudden now when i turn the a/c on my jeep seems to lose 1/3 of its power.i had the charging system and the battery checked and they are both fine.the compressor kicks on fine and blows cold,just loses alot more power than it did before or should for that matter.figured sombody else might have ran into this problem,and might know what it is.thanks in advance for any advice.

Unread 07-30-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

Maybe something is just loose in the connectors. Did you check everything by hand?
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
01locker

maybe your compressor needs an oil charge? It doesnt sound like the compressor is siezed, because your air is still cold. If it was siezed it wouldn't be blowing cold air. Get a small can of oil charge for your a/c compressor and see what that does. It helps it compress more efficiently anyway.
01locker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.