Bushwacker Fender Flare OWNERS Read! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bushwacker Fender Flare OWNERS Read!

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

View Poll Results: If you were buying your fender flares again, would you go with Bushwacker again?
Yes 13 33.33%
No 26 66.67%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 04-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
WILLY348
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bushwacker Fender Flare OWNERS Read!

Ok, so i'm getting all these comments on how bad bushwackers are, so i want to hear from actual owners of bushwackers.

1. Do you like your Bushwackers?
2. Have you ever cracked/or have a crack in them?
3. Have you ever replaced them?
4. Do you like them

WILLY348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
KtownJeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

1. Overall, yes I like them, aside from price and #2.
2. I have a couple of cracks, but that may be due to me over-tightening the bolts?
3. No, they're still on there. They've been there for almost 3 years.
4. See #1.

I'll add that while I would expect them not to crack for the amount of money I paid, I'm not sure that wasn't my fault, so I don't know if I can really blame Bushwhacker for that. I do like the look of them, but my tastes have changed, and I would probably buy a different style than what I have now if I had to do it over.

1996 ZJ Laredo 4x2
KtownJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
K1dS3ns4t10n
1997 TJ Wrangler 

1. Love the looks of em, hate the rigid construction
3. Yes, my front driver side is cracked from getting stuck axle deep in a mud hole. The rest have numerous trail scratches
4. No.
5. redundant question

I bought my 97 used and the Bushwackers were already on. I have always loved the looks of these flares, but never wanted to layout the cash for them. They are very rigid and crack/scratch very easily
K1dS3ns4t10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
Jetscuh
O rly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLY348 View Post
Ok, so i'm getting all these comments on how bad bushwackers are, so i want to hear from actual owners of bushwackers.

4. Do you like them

I used to have Bushwackers on my Jeep so I'll contribute to this thread.

1. No
2. Yes. My drive side rear had a couple cracks as well as my passenger front. I think the other rear had a crack right above the bolt as well. They were installed by the previous owner so maybe he got aggressive while tightening.
3. Yep, sold them and replaced them with Xenon flat flares.
4. No, I didn't like them. The style isn't my taste and the material wasn't either.

I've heard their new flat flares are made from a better material than the pocket style flares.
Jetscuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
AVNINE
2002 TJ Wrangler 

1. Do you like your Bushwackers? Dont have them on my new jeep, but I loved the LOOKS of them.
2. Have you ever cracked/or have a crack in them? Yes, tend to crack in the winter
3. Have you ever replaced them? No
4. Do you like them? Yes, but want to try some warns. Plus price is too high for cheap construction.
AVNINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
JAC1502
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yup and love the looks and how they keep my dry in the rain running 35 14.50 with no top or doors
nope, but wore the edge down on one from a tire flexing into it
no, but painted them and replaced the rubber strip material between the flare and body
4. Do you like them?
yes
#1 1997 Jeep TJ HEMI, 6" lift springs, 2" body lift, semi long control arms front and rear, Adjustable front and rear track bars, Slip-Yoke elim, 8.8 locked, 10,000 winch, Tube bumpers and rocker guards, Light bar, Custom swing away tire carrier, CAI, Electric cooling fans, Custom exhaust, Mickey T 35*14.5 on 15*12 wheels #2 2004 Grand Cherokee SE 4.0L, header, full exhaust, CAI, Bored TB, Clarion 10, RC X series 4" + 1, teflon wheels 17s, roof rack, winch, etc.
JAC1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
HELMET
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have had them on for 2 years and have not had any problems. I am not a fan of the down slope that they have but they keep a lot of goo off of and out of my Jeep.

My GF and her friends tend to use them as spring boards while getting in and out of the back seat. It makes me cringe every time they use them as steps, but they have never cracked or broken.

I think that they are over priced and would like to get the flat flares, but I will wait until my GF and her friends break my pocket flares or I whack a tree, rock or what ever.
HELMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #8
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have the bushwacker flat flares, there is a huge difference in the material used on the flat flares compared to the pocket flares. So do to a proper poll you should really define which ones you are speaking about the flat flares or the pocket flares.

1. Yes, I like my flat fender flares
2. Never cracked them but they do have scratches from the trails
3. No, but the seal did come off on my rears, I mainly blame this on me because when I put them on it was the middle of winter, and I didn't get a full 24hrs above 60F before I had to drive out in the -20F temps. Bushwacker sent me a kit with new seals under warranty no questions asked.
4. Redundant question.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #9
pdangerp

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLY348 View Post

4. Do you like them
I like my flat flares.
I have not cracked them, but the mounts are getting worn from uninstalling them and reinstalling them over my new rocker guards.
I never replaced them
I like them. I would not buy them again though.
pdangerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 04:16 AM   #10
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Fo what it's worth, there are knock offs on ebay. I have not heard anything worse about those.

Mine cane with them from the PO. There are some cracks around some the bolt holes and the front lower bolt broke through last winter from a chunk of snow/ice. I used epoxy clay to fix it.

I would not buy these if I were getting new ones. I'd get the flat flares.
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.