Burrrr!!! No Heat In My Jeep!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Burrrr!!! No Heat In My Jeep!!!

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
bluescitychris
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Burrrr!!! No Heat In My Jeep!!!

My '03 Wrangler TJ 4 Cyl 2.4 liter Jeep does not have heat. The A/C blows cold and so does the heat. The A/C is a little colder than the heater, but nonetheless my heat doesn't work. I have flushed the radiator and put in a new thermostat. I think the problem might be with one of the switches or the damper valve. The heater hoses that go into the firewall are hot, but that heat is getting lost somewhere between there and my vents. Does anyone have any suggestions? My next step is to take it to the dealer or a mechanic to let them take a look. I am way to cheap to pay someone just to look at it. I wouldn't be opposed to paying someone to look at it if they will fix it and take off the charge for the diagnostic. If I can't fix it before it gets any colder I'll have to shell out the cash for the dealer, but that always hurts my wallet so bad.

Last edited by bluescitychris; 11-12-2008 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Changed title
bluescitychris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Wif
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If both hoses going to the firewall are hot I would suspect the blend door.
[I]Who's[/I] in front ?

Ridin' topless again .. sweet !!
Wif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
gmiller0737
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Like stated above if the heater hoses are hot there is either a problem with the blend door or the cable from the dash to the blend door lever is off or broken,If you look up under the dash from the passenger side you should be able to see the blend door cable & lever look at them while turning the temp control & see if they are moving?
gmiller0737 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
bluescitychris
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the advice. So i've done a little bit more research on this. Tis seems to be a common problem for 97-06 Wranglers. The dealership said it would be around $1000 to fix it. I quickly decided that if I can't fix it myself I will be trading in next summer. It sounds like it is more labor intenseive than anything. The service tech said the main reason it costs so much is because of the time involved. I saw a quick fix on ebay for around $120. This is the link. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Wrangler-Blend-Door-Heater-AC-fix-HeaterTreater_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33545QQih Z018QQitemZ280268827349 ) Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 11-13-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
jprs_peeprs
2006 TJ Wrangler 

re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescitychris View Post
Thanks for the advice. So i've done a little bit more research on this. Tis seems to be a common problem for 97-06 Wranglers. The dealership said it would be around $1000 to fix it. I quickly decided that if I can't fix it myself I will be trading in next summer. It sounds like it is more labor intenseive than anything. The service tech said the main reason it costs so much is because of the time involved. I saw a quick fix on ebay for around $120. This is the link. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Wrangler-Blend-Door-Heater-AC-fix-HeaterTreater_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33545QQih Z018QQitemZ280268827349 ) Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated.
What did the deal feel it was? Why the hi cost?

C.
jprs_peeprs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
bluescitychris
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The high cost is due to the labor involved. I was told they would have to remove the dash and all of it components. They said it be an all day job.
Unread 10-04-2009, 07:44 AM   #7
MikeUnlimited04
2001 TJ Wrangler 

it takes 10minutes to remove the dash.

Silver JEEP Club Member #36
MikeUnlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.