burnt fan speed switch? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > burnt fan speed switch?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 11-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

burnt fan speed switch?

Going beyond the usual resistor replacement, this rig seems to enjoy melting down connectors and wiring.

I remembered reading a jp magazine article titled fire prevention, fire retardant which got the ball rolling here... To make it easier for some of us, i scetched some diagrams of how i did it using the speed selector switch as the relay grounds. Relacement parts were purchaced from TJK salvage in Ariel, Wa. New speed switches can be purchaced from the local auto parts as well as a whole assembly.
Other pics of the actual wiring i did confuse me to look at and im the one that did it....

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice write up.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
JBTJ
Web Wheeler
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, for the first 5 years of my JEEPS life I had to replace the mode, fan speed switches and the resistor pack a few times. I added a relay for each speed for the blower motor and what do you know? No more melting of anything. And that was 7 years ago and still using the original blower motor that some people say must be replaced.

Good Job
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

New diagram suggested by rubi4mymrs.thank you. That was a missing link i hadn't wrapped my head around until i read your pm.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Glad to help. Now you have both switches protected. Much better!
Rubi4MyMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
JBTJ
Web Wheeler
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
New diagram suggested by rubi4mymrs.thank you. That was a missing link i hadn't wrapped my head around until i read your pm.

How mine is wired as well.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.