Bumper opinions/options - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bumper opinions/options

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 10-31-2011, 09:36 AM   #16
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you want a differant look try looking for a bumper hoop or brush guard hoop that mounts to the stock bumper. I ran one of those for about 3 years. Maybe $100 or so on ebay

Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #17
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Most bumpers will work and look OK, so it is pretty much personal taste. You can always put in a licence plate where the winch would be or install a front receiver.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:05 AM   #18
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
Save your money, and put it towards something more beneficial. That is a great looking Jeep...except for the big "earth brake" hanging down in between the front and rear tires. My old stock TC skid was my biggest hang-up off road, (pun intended) when I still had it. JMHO.
x2
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
jgrimey82
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Save your money, and put it towards something more beneficial. That is a great looking Jeep...except for the big "earth brake" hanging down in between the front and rear tires. My old stock TC skid was my biggest hang-up off road, (pun intended) when I still had it. JMHO.
x3
jgrimey82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #20
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AdriaN_ View Post
I would like some opinions on which bumper to get that does not have winch mounts on it. I do NOT want a winch and think it would look weird having a spot for a winch and never having one.

Are there anymore that wouldn't look ridiculous without a winch ? Pics would be great if you have a bumper on your jeep without a winch.
You say that you want a bumper that does not have an integrated winch mount but the second bumper that you have listed that you like Bestop has an integrated winch mount. I am guessing that you don't realize that as well as you don't realize that the grill guard and roller are separate and pushes that combo just north of $750. IMO, if you are not going for a bumper with a winch mount, go with the Warn that others mention.

Tags
bumper

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.