bumper end caps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > bumper end caps

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
squatcher
2002 TJ Wrangler 

bumper end caps

hey everyone, i just took the jugs off my front and rear bumpers, i was wondering if they make caps to cover the ends, i know they do but i cant find them anywhere. all the links take me to something else or the jugs i wanted off. does anyone know where i can find them.
thanks

squatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
shatteredsoul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I see them on fleabay all the time and they are Mopar brand. They look like they would break easily though.
shatteredsoul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i wouldnt worry about it

The Build
cfmiller58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
wrangler0415
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quadratec has end caps for the oem bumpers...I'd go big and get some crawler bumpers though. Just a thought.
wrangler0415 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm with the crowd that says save your $ for something worthwhile and go capless for the time being.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
Rubikahn

2006 LJ Wrangler 

The dealer has them for cheap. Surprisingly one of the few things they don't gouge you for. They have flat caps for the rear, and angled caps for the front. Should be around $20 ish or less for both sets.
OME ZJ/LJ lift, 33" MT MTZ on AR-23 wheels, front and rear JKS trackbars, 1" seat risers, MORE 1" BL and MML, factory Ipod adapter. Light khaki jeep club #72
Rubikahn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I ran them for awhile. Dealer should be able to get them for you. They are very cheap. Something like $20 for all four. I liked them. Thought they made things look a lot cleaner.
Unread 05-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
KeyserGogo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Those flat caps are factory equipment on some wranglers... I got a free set from a buddy when he put real bumpers on his Jeep. I think he had an 05. Maybe someone on this forum or in your area has some laying around in a shed or garage in your local area that they'd give away.
Unread 05-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
1320quick
2003 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...bicon-1133590/

Post #9 in Jeffro06s-rubicon build thread has the part numbers for the end caps from Jeep if your interested....
1320quick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #10
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quadratec has them .... I use them and like them... I like my stock appeal...Im kinda glad I did buy them cause at the time there werent many if any companies making aluminum bumpers. In the future Savvy aluminum will be replacing them.

I used two sets of rears and managed to get them to fit. I cut my front bumper short and redrilled, I think just the top holes, and flipped the end caps upside down. You will have to plan it a bit so the inside of the rubber bumperette just clears the bolt holes for the tow hooks. You can visit my Build thread and check them out I have many pictures. Not sure if I have any of the front bumper but I will take more and post it if you like.

Build -> Here
End Caps -> Here
74448-lg.jpg  

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
lactrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactrain View Post
Quadratec has them .... I use them and like them... I like my stock appeal...Im kinda glad I did buy them cause at the time there werent many if any companies making aluminum bumpers. In the future Savvy aluminum will be replacing them.

I used two sets of rears and managed to get them to fit. I cut my front bumper short and redrilled, I think just the top holes, and flipped the end caps upside down. You will have to plan it a bit so the inside of the rubber bumperette just clears the bolt holes for the tow hooks. You can visit my Build thread and check them out I have many pictures. Not sure if I have any of the front bumper but I will take more and post it if you like.

Build -> Here
End Caps -> Here
Those are not the same as the factory flat end caps
Unread 05-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #12
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Trained observent you are!!!

He wasnt clear as to exactly what he was looking for he just said 'caps'... Someone else said flat 'caps'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Those are not the same as the factory flat end caps

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
lactrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #13
HooliMcGee
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'm just about to put on a rear tire carrier, so you can have mine from my stock rear bumper. I only have the rears. PM me a zip and I can send them and the associated hardware to ya'. I have the factory flat caps. As mentioned, they're super cheap from the dealer so depending on your location that might (surprisingly) be more cost effective. Caps are free, just pay shipping. Just thought I'd offer cause they're going in the trash otherwise.
HooliMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #14
squatcher
2002 TJ Wrangler 

@hoolimcgee, thanks i appreciate it but I already ordered new caps though. Thats just my luck, haha. someones willing to give me them and by the time I see it, I have them coming.
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #15
squatcher
2002 TJ Wrangler 

People keep telling me taking the rears off is a bad idea because now the corner is unprotected. What do you guys think? I was thinking.about the armour. But until then should I keep them off?

Tags
bumper , caps , jeep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.