Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
25K views 84 replies 44 participants last post by  FireMedic82 
#1 ·
Who makes a cheap, less obtrusive bumper cap? I am cutting my bumper down this weekend and would like a cap that is flat and will cap it flush with the bumper... any ideas?

#4 ·
The Mopar (Jeep) end caps look like this. I forgot the part numbers, but if you order them from a Jeep dealer, the parts guy may not know what you are talking about so tell him that they are for an "06 X" model TJ. Only Jeep they came on stock from the factory.

#15 ·
To: Theboogieman:

Call and ordered them through local Jeep dealer, 3.50 a piece... I have an '04 Wrangler, he was telling me they were only for the '06, but I imagine the bumpers are identical or close enough to alter...
See. That's what they told me too. Your '05 must have been an anomaly.

#11 ·
Same bumpers.. Do you happen to have the part#'s handy?

My boss wants a set and it's easier to call the dealer with P#'s rather then have them scratch their heads for a day or so :brickwall

#13 ·
Awesome, thank you both !!

Jeep on ... :cheers2:

#17 ·
You ripped your dealer ordered custom plastic bumper end caps off? I can see taking the floaties off, but the end caps?

#25 ·
This thread has confirmed what I have long suspected, that is that most don't read the all the posts and just comment on the first, or last, post in a thread. Now I understand where mrblaine is coming from.

#27 ·
Agreed! You know whats funnier though, when some people try to sell the floaties in the classifieds, or on craigslist for like 50 bucks a pair. Ridiculous! :rofl: Seen it before LOL

#29 ·
Unless you have some sort of corner protection, dont remove the rears. They truly protect your rear corners.

I had a friend remove them. I had the friend put them back on, and that DAY hit her end caps while coming down hard on a rock, denting them in. That would have been her corners.

Just a thought. Do what makes you happy.

Tam:)

#35 ·
great thread, I left the rear milk jugs on but the front ones were the first thing to come of when I bought my jeep. I am glad that I read this thread because closing it off will look better. Now I just need to figure out how to straighten one end, it was bent a little when I bought the Jeep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.