Building a lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Building a lift

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 03-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
HRodney
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Building a lift

So I'm way new to the forum (this is my first post ) and I've been doing a bunch of research on suspension lifts. I've got 32s I need to put on the TJ, but its been craziness trying to figure out which way to go. As far as a smooth ride, Skyjacker hydro shocks seem to be decent, but BDS has the best warranty and pretty decent reviews. Has anyone kinda made their own suspension lifts with parts from other manufacturers? I'm looking at 2"-3.5" depending on costs. Is it just cheaper/easier/better to get one of the lift kits? BTW the rig will probably never see rocks, its mainly a fishing thing

HRodney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #2
robncar
Lets hear it for Gravity!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

What's the budget?

robncar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Zone 2" BB for what you'll use it for.The Zone hydro shocks ride better than SJ hydros and cost the same.PM RyanXT on here for a price.If you want more lift,add a 1.25" BL.For reference,here's my old 98' with a 2" BB/1.25" BL and 32's.

TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman
Zone 2" BB for what you'll use it for.The Zone hydro shocks ride better than SJ hydros and cost the same.PM RyanXT on here for a price.If you want more lift,add a 1.25" BL.For reference,here's my old 98' with a 2" BB/1.25" BL and 32's.
X2 on this.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #5
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post

A budget boost is a good idea if you're not planning on taking the Jeep offroad. The Zone 1.75" Coil Spacer Lift will give you the lift you're looking for and it includes bump stops and shocks. If you were looking for a little more lift you can always add the Zone 1.25" Body Lift Kit for a total of 3".

Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like a quote on anything!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
robncar
Lets hear it for Gravity!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post

Hey... red... nice color...
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
Pine_Cat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wonder if a 1.25" body lift would be sufficient to clear 32s? It would be close. Maybe wait and see if you need any bumpstop extension to clear the 32s before deciding on a suspension lift?
Pine_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #8
RDPrimeaux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am currently running 2 inch bb in front, 1 inch in rear and jks 1.25 bl with 33's on 15 x 9 rims. need a little more clearance.
RDPrimeaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bds lift , skyjacker , suspension lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.