I haven't updated this in a while, mainly due to a lack of finances being available. I quit my job a few months back, because I joined the Army in March, and ship out to Basic Training in July. In the meantime I have been working on a few little projects here and there to keep myself busy. The first one is, when we assembled the transfer case, we assembled it incorrectly, at least, without the input shaft bearing seal/retainer. A few months ago the Jeep started acting a little odd, speedometer going haywire, the engine would bog down and then pick back up suddenly, so I started tearing things apart. When I noticed about a quart of trans fluid pour out between the transmission and transfer case, I knew something wasn't quite right. Anyway, that's back together now, and working like a charm.
The next little project was rebuilding the CV joint on my front driveshaft. This is not a fun job at all. I headed over to a buddies house to get some help with it, being that he has more tools than I do. Got it knocked out in a couple of hours, but man is it a bear. The centering ball joint was completely destroyed. The metal had splintered and mushroomed out to one side, the needle bearings were shot, the rubber piece wasn't even rubber anymore. It was pretty bad.
Last but not least, I'm currently in the process of painting my fenders. I unbolted everything yesterday with the help of another friend, and we sanded down the paint and started painting. I decided to paint them a flat black color, rather than a glossy black. I'm no painter, so it's easier to hide the imperfections in flat black. I'll post some pictures up a little later, but there's my update.