Build Thread! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Build Thread!

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 02-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #16
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tjsahara View Post
Your Jeep looks awesome. It's simple and done right. What's next?

Ohh, and dibs on the wheel spacers if they are for sale!
Thanks! And yep they are for sale. Check out the for-sale thread here:

http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516868

thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 08:58 AM   #17
GLANGA88
1999 WJ 

Really nice build. Let me know about the Rockers. If you can't get down further Palisades is fine then.
GLANGA88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #18
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got the rivets done at the local auto body shop for $50. They had to use a pneumatic gun:

Internal brace:

I love this mod! Quick Fist clamps for my Maglite:

ARB Rocker detail:

Better shot of a Currie body mount:

Currie 1" raised motor mounts installed:

Unread 02-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #19
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Done!!:

Unread 02-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #20
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

And I still have a Rubicon Express windshield decal that needs to go on. I think that will really finish her off nicely...
Unread 02-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #21
JWitt333
1999 TJ Wrangler 

WOW that looks good, how hard was it to dial in your pinion angle?

'99 Gunmetal TJ
Blue Jeep Club Member #256
4" RC X-Series, 1in BL
Rokmen Armor
KC Day Lighters, 33 BFG M/T
with more to come
OlllllllO
JWitt333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #22
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWitt333 View Post
WOW that looks good, how hard was it to dial in your pinion angle?
A hell of a lot easier than I thought it would be.

All I had to do was remove the upper adjustable arms at the axle end, then use a floor jack to tip the front of my pinion to where I wanted it, then I lengthened the adjustable arms to fit and BINGO.
Unread 02-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #23
Zoom By You
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good....
2001 TJ Sport Amber Fire, Dual Tops/Dual Doors, 4.0, Banks Ram-Air, Banks S.S. Monster exhaust, five speed, NV3550, A.A. SYE/Tom Woods, 4:56 D30/D35, Detroit Truetrac at both ends, Solid diff covers, 4.5 R.E. Super Flex W/3.5 springs, adjustable upper and lower control arms, adjustable front and rear R.E. track bars, TeraFlex shock relocation brackets, R.E. Mono tube shocks, R.E. front stabilizer, R.E. 3/4" front spacer, 33 X 12.5 TrXus STS, M/T Classic-locks, ShrockWorks Rock Rails, Hanson 52" front bumper, EPi9.0 Superwinch with wireless control, Olympic rear bumper, Olympic Mountaineer rack, Bushwacker 6" Pocket Flares, Optima yellow top, IPF headlights W/ Fatboys, upgraded relay/wiring harness, KC Slims, Bosch rear lights, Garmin c550 GPS, Garmin 76S GPS, Cobra CB 148GTL W/Astatic Mic, Pioneer Sound, 3A Racing fire extinguishers. Manhattan Rated....
Zoom By You is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #24
bry71518
2002 TJ Wrangler 

so Niiice...
bry71518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 01:04 AM   #25
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

AHH Andy you are NOT making me feel good about being so far away from my Jeep especially with the whole throwing my tires on it hahahahahahaha oh man I swear this spring break we need to go wheeling to test out your new tires! Haha, you're rig looks AWESOME I just ordered a pair of Shrockworks rockers so hopefully they'll be at my house in time so we can install them before we go out, anyways the Jeep looks amazing glad you figured out the whole problem with the rear track bar haha maybe this time you'll be able to wheel your own Jeep when we go out! Anyways great job, look forward to seeing it in person!!!

~John

edit: and by the way I know you got the rear adjustable's and was wondering if you still had your old ones since I know you're trying to keep your rig all RE parts and since I need them for my SYE/CV shaft that I'm planning for this summer's mod they would be sincerely appreciated, thanks a lot man! Rig looks great again btw!!

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 03:00 AM   #26
03_X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

do you have an SYE on it?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

|
|
/| ,[___],
|---L-o||||||o-

()_)-()_)-o-()_)
03_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 06:40 AM   #27
mjkolb02tj
Stupid is as Stupid does

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe View Post
Now I just have to find a way to fasten down the 22 pop-rivets that are required for the ARB rockers -- my rivet gun doesn't seem to be up to the task:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe View Post
Got the rivets done at the local auto body shop for $50. They had to use a pneumatic gun:

I did all my rivets by hand, needless to say I could barely move my hands by the time I was done.

Jeep is looking great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeeJay
That'd suck. You must not go topless as much as I do.
SAVE PARAGON! Visit www.saveparagonap.com to get more information.
mjkolb02tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #28
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6

edit: and by the way I know you got the rear adjustable's and was wondering if you still had your old ones since I know you're trying to keep your rig all RE parts and since I need them for my SYE/CV shaft that I'm planning for this summer's mod they would be sincerely appreciated, thanks a lot man! Rig looks great again btw!!
Hey John! I had my old Nth arms up for sale but they sold within a day -- they are long gone . When exactly will you be around again? Let me know and we'll throw those rockers on. Before we do that I suggest you get a roll of Tough Stuff rocker gasket to go behind the rockers!:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12003_500.htm

Unread 02-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #29
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkolb02tj View Post
I did all my rivets by hand, needless to say I could barely move my hands by the time I was done.

Jeep is looking great.
haha, yeah I've installed two sets of ARB rockers (back when they were AEV rockers) in the past and I did all the rivets by hand. For some reason these were really snug in the mounting holes and I had to tap them in. For a second I was worried they were the wrong size rivets because I couldn't push them in by hand.

When I got the all in and couldn't fasten them down I even had someone much larger than I am try using the manually operated gun and they still wouldn't budge .
Unread 02-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #30
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_X View Post
do you have an SYE on it?
Indeed I do. Post #6 shows my rear adjustable upper control arms and post #7 the CV/SYE setup. Ya think I need a new transfer case skid plate? :

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.