Budget Boost OR Suspension Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Budget Boost OR Suspension Lift

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
redfox33
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Budget Boost OR Suspension Lift

I have searched this forum 'til my eyes are crossed and my brain is KILLING me. So I'm just going to post.

I'm wanting to put a 2"-2.5" lift on my Jeep. It is my daily driver and will see mild off-road use (snow, mud, mountains) NOTHING hardcore. I won't run tires any bigger than 32", 31" at the present time. My pockets aren't deep so here is what I've been looking at....

Rough Country 2.5" Suspension Lift
OR
SkyJacker 2" budget boost
OR
Rubicon Express 2" budget boost

ANY help or experience with these will be GREATLY appreciated!!

redfox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
JfirEfightErP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in the exact same situation so I hope someone here has some answers haha, the RC 2.5 is at a GREAT price right now for what it is, im just now sure of how much of an advantage that is over the BB...
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Crockett
2006 LJ Wrangler 

when you talk BB your really just talkin about difference in shocks because the pucks are really the same. I would go with the RC 2.5, you get coils and great riding shocks for cheap.
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
k
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 2" suspension/spring lift with 32" tires and I love it. It's not too high that I need a ladder to get in and I can still use it as a DD if need (tho I usually take the bus to work). I don't do much off-roading either (which I would love to change that to "more").

my jeep | 01 TJ Sport 4.0L I-6 auto - BFG MT/KM 32x11.50 - AR767 15x8 w/ 4" BS - 2" Tera 2T - DT Pre-Runner 8000 - Pioneer DEH-P6700MP - Adjustable Front Track Bar | 6" Xenon Flat Fender flares - JKS Quick Discos | soon: New shocks
k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

2" BB and 1"BL with 33's works great with no driveline vibes.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
SYN ACK
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboogieman View Post
2" BB and 1"BL with 33's works great with no driveline vibes.
Nice JEEP, which BB are you running? TC drop?
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
Xander

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago and I talked to some local members of my club and all of them said that a full suspension lift was superior to a BB. I've read many bad things about the RE twin tubes and was going to go with the RE BB with Monotubes ($410). Then RC has been getting a lot of great reviews with their spring lift. So I took the advice and went with the RC 2.5" lift for $310.

I really like the lift. I rides close to stock, but not as good. I had 50K on my jeep before I went with this lift. I did not have to use the TC drop (i used them as seat risers, lol). I figured if I wanted to get another lift, i'm only out $310. Not to mention I also saved $100 over the BB. IMO, the RC lift is well worth the money and time i spent on my Jeep.

I do have a small rake, but nothing to really complain about since I had a rake to begin with.

Here are some poser pics...don't have any wheeling yet...

Unread 03-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/417H

check this out..BDS makes really good stuff...im gettin this kit when i save up enough..comes with shocks and springs..about as much as the RE BB with montubes but with springs not spacers...ive heard countless good comments about BDS stuff

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
CCJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I vote Budget boost since I'm seeling my BB currently. And thus you can get this great deal. It comes with stock springs off a 2006 TJ Sport and stock shocks off the same vehicle. Along with 2" Teraflex pucks (the BB)
All for $50
CCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #10
Duck Dodgers
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Somewhere between the Port of Indecision and South of Disorder
When I got my Heep it had a 2" BB on it with a TD. I soon became dismayed with the amount of lift becasue the stock springs were sagging. I have since gone to a 4.5 RE lift with a Belly Up.

Now if your not doing a lot of heavy wheeling I would suggest the 2.5 lift. Then if down the road you want to go higher you can put a 2" BB Puck on it to bring it up higher. Or just go with the springs. If you decide down the road to go bigger on the tires then you could do a 1" B.L. But the bottom line for me anyway would be the 2.5 Spring lift not the pucks, gives you more options.
Unread 03-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #11
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

I have to vote for the spring lift as well.

I have the Skyjacker BB /w Hydra shocks, but of those three in the OP's post, I would have went with the RC 2.5 lift if I could do it over.

Like with Xander's Jeep, I have a bit of rake myself I would like to fix. Had I went with a spring lift like the RC, I could have done that and then add a 1" spacer up front to level it out. Now, I'll be doing the front end again to get it the way I want it (probably go with Rusty's 3" springs for that).
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

Only in a Jeep...
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 05:47 PM   #12
JfirEfightErP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the awesome responses guys, I think im gonna go with the RC 2.5 lift, does anyone know if that 10% off deal is still going on that the vendor was on here talking about?
Unread 03-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #13
Crockett
2006 LJ Wrangler 

yes just call rough country direct and ask for jeffery
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 09:16 PM   #14
Jason D
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I had a Pro-Comp 2" spring lift in my first Jeep. (I went with the cheap ES3000 shocks and they were VERY harsh!) Other than the rough ride, I hated that the front only came up 1.5" even though the rear came up exactly 2". Made the factory "rake" look even worse. Front end weight was all stock (4.0L emgine) and the rear was stock except for not having a back seat. (I put the seat back in one day and it MIGHT have brought it down 1/8"... not noticable.

My point is, when I put a new lift in my current Jeep, I used spacers because I knew the lift would be 2" front AND rear. Most of the spring lifts don't give you the lift they claim to. Some give more. Some give less.

Also, if you choose the RE BB, spend the extra money and get their monotube shocks. One thing I will recomend against is the set-up I'm using. Stock springs, spacers, & OME shocks. Compared to stock shocks with under 10K miles, they ride pretty rough. The ride is only slightly better than the awful Pro-Comp kit I had. And that's probably only because it came with stiffer springs.
Unread 03-31-2009, 09:26 PM   #15
Houser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I feel your pain....I too searched for awhile and decided with a RC 2.5 lift. It may not be the top of the line kit but it is quite a bit cheaper than the other options. The cool thing I found about this kit is that you can upgrade it to the 3.25 lift kit for another 70 buck. I dunno...this may not be the most popular opinion but it all depends what you're looking to do with your jeep. Moderate wheelin' seems to fit this kit great. If you decide to go with Rough Country ask for Joey Woods. He's a great guy and always willing to answer all my suspension questions. He even sent me some photos of his rig to show me what 31's look like under the 2.5. Good luck!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.