Budget Boost and Body Lift vs. Suspension Lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Budget Boost and Body Lift vs. Suspension Lift

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #16
05TurboS2K
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I run 33's with nothing but a 2"BB but mine rubs on the plastic outer fender if I have my sway bars disconnected up front.

If he doesn't disconnect (and I'm guessing he doesn't) he wouldn't be too bad off with just a 2" BB and some 33x12.5's. Especially if he isn't wheeling the thing and has proper backspacing on his wheels.

05TurboS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
tjsean0308
1999 TJ Wrangler 

in sand you really need to air down that will yield the biggest improvement as far as not sinking. and air is really cheap. (Edit: for now its cheap in the future who knows. a cheapie $60 compressor has paid me dividends in airing down and then back up at trail heads) Also try not to spin the tires that just digs more. maybe a set of sand ladders for that super shifty bit?

In stuff that the Jeep will sink into a lift will only let it sink deeper. If there is a bottom that is great, if there isn't than you are just stuck deeper.
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #18
Bayview471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Think I am going to go with this.

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=21&gr=-1#no_op

Seems like a better deal than a spacer lift and a BL. It will hopefully take out some of the sag in the back too. Anyone ever used the 3" Zone lift kit before? How did you like it?

Also should I go Nitro or Hydraulic shocks? Being a Chemistry major I know how they work, just don't know which ones are better for application in jeeps.

Firefighter/EMT

Last edited by Bayview471; 03-18-2011 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: Forgot Something
Bayview471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #19
tjsean0308
1999 TJ Wrangler 

we put it in a buddies rig here at the station. He loves it, it went in great. I think its good value for money.
it did sag a bit more then my OME (relatively mine is a 2.5) when he put his winch an bumper on but still held it ground well. you will more than likely need either a Motor mount lift or a t-case drop.

Edit: in fact your rig reads the same as his 2003 auto with the 4.0 I would wager heavily that you will need to adjust the driveline angles based on that.
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #20
Bayview471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I saw that the Zone kit comes with the T case drop included and for that price it is hard to pass up. Going to order soon and already have a couple mechanic buddies saying they are going to help me put it in. Thanks for the help.

Firefighter/EMT
Bayview471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #21
05TurboS2K
2004 TJ Wrangler 

^ I'm assuming the bottom line is this is more for looks than for function?

If so a BB and or BL is your cheapest solution. The Zone kit is a great bang for the buck but if it is indeed for looks you could do it for less.

If it's for function you should be more worried about dropping tire pressure and getting a little pump as one mentioned (I use the same one) to air back up. OR getting a locker and your jeep will suddenly become a monster off road and won't get stuck easily at all.
05TurboS2K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3" lift , body lift , suspension lift , tj , zone lift kit

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.