Bucking like a pissed off mule....... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bucking like a pissed off mule.......

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #16
jeepgunner12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillswoj View Post
BS, The distributer cap doesn't throw codes, maybe the cam position sensor but not the cap. Get the codes read and post the actual numbers.
Seriously? That sneaky bastard! I wonder if he is just as clueless as I am...... I will call them today and see if they have the codes, if not it goes back in a few days anyway, I'll let my old NY blood shine and curse untill he runs them again.

I thought about the tranny going bad, I do a decent bit of off roading but its nothing very serious and it was fine last time I took it offroad. It was only in the last hour of an 8 hour trip things started going bad so I KNOW its not like i hit somthing offroad.

This is turning out to be a disaster, Could be sprak plugs, tranny, computer, transmission fluid, any number of relays, air intake, throttle body, a bad (out of the box) crank shaft sensor, throttle position sensor, fuel pump, is there anything that isnt potentially broken on this thing besides my seat and windshield???

I appreaciate the help guys

GREEN JEEP CLUB #385

PM me if you have an old hilift and/or a 31x10.5 R15 youd like to trade or sell, im in the market for a jack and a trailspare. Cheers!
jeepgunner12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #17
kenmel
1998 TJ Wrangler 

did you run through any deep water if so that can do it
kenmel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #18
tjsean0308
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My first thought before you even said it was an auto was a bad torque converter. That would cause the lose of Power and the gain in heat. With that being said get the codes pulled, the autobone can do it for you they do it for free in this neck of the woods. That will get us going in a direction. The transmission could be responding to another problem. I wold bet that the mechanic who said the distributor was giving you the codes meant that the codes point to an ignition problem, and maybe is unfamiliar with this symptom.
Unread 09-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #19
jeepgunner12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Can the torque converter throw codes? Ill tell him to look at it.

Yes, I have ran it through some water 4 times in its life though im not sure its what you guys would call 'deep'.

Once during a huge storm, I went to my girls house to make sure she was ok, it was about 2 feet all the way there. (I'm only 9 feet above sea level in my hometown so everything floods like crazy). Close to a year ago.

Once while I was comming home from work, again, about 1-1.5 feet on the roads. Close to 9 months ago.

Once offroad, about 1-2 feet, running length-wise down a ditch. About 9 months ago.

Once during another storm to check on my boat, Mabey a foot or so on the roads. Mabey 2-3 months ago.

It just sounds so strange to me that I can run it through that much water and be fine, even do stuff like this: (2 days before I left)

and have no problems, but it takes a 7 hour ride for the water to do damage?
GREEN JEEP CLUB #385

PM me if you have an old hilift and/or a 31x10.5 R15 youd like to trade or sell, im in the market for a jack and a trailspare. Cheers!
jeepgunner12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.