Bucking @ Hwy Speed - OD DISengaged - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bucking @ Hwy Speed - OD DISengaged

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-28-2006, 06:25 AM   #1
msavard
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bucking @ Hwy Speed - OD DISengaged

Yeah... I'm a *******. No damage done (I don't think) but my 2004 TJ (auto tranny) was carrying my *** home tonight (and 2 of my buddies) at about 70-75mph when I hit the gas to pass someone who was pacing me and the jeep started bucking a bit. Not sure why it did It I went ahead and hit the gas again quickly and sure enough it bucked again...almost as if running out of fuel.

I got home and realized that the whole way I was in 2 on my Auto tranny (2004 TJ w/ 3.73 gears and 31s)... In my defense I have a couple hats hung from my gearshift for passengers (mainly female) who might need something to hold their hair back. I was far from redlining (3k RPM at 70mph) but something was obviously going on when I gave it some gas.

Thoughts? (other than me being a ******* for having it in 2 the whole way home?)

4.0L Auto • 35" Maxxis Bighorns • D30/D44 w 4.88 Gears • 2.5" OME LJ/XJ lift • JKS Trackbars • Brown Dog MML • 1" BL • Warn Engine Skid • Aussie Locker (FR) / Rubi Air Locker (REAR) • SYE/CV • Nth Adj Control Arms • Bestop Oversize Tire Carrier • PSC Rocker Knockers • ORO Swayloc • TNT Tube Fenders

MIDSOUTH JEEP CLUB > Jeepers from TN, AR, MS, and KY
msavard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2006, 01:16 PM   #2
msavard
2004 TJ Wrangler 

interesting... no replies?
4.0L Auto • 35" Maxxis Bighorns • D30/D44 w 4.88 Gears • 2.5" OME LJ/XJ lift • JKS Trackbars • Brown Dog MML • 1" BL • Warn Engine Skid • Aussie Locker (FR) / Rubi Air Locker (REAR) • SYE/CV • Nth Adj Control Arms • Bestop Oversize Tire Carrier • PSC Rocker Knockers • ORO Swayloc • TNT Tube Fenders

Unread 07-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #3
ncb76
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Could have been hitting the rev. limiter if the Jeep has one. I don't think it would be too hard to get to 6k rpm in 2nd on the freeway.

'97 TJ Sport | 2" Spacer Lift | JKS Disconnects | RS 5000's | 32x11.5 ProComp MT's on MT Classic II's
ncb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #4
msavard
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb76
Could have been hitting the rev. limiter if the Jeep has one. I don't think it would be too hard to get to 6k rpm in 2nd on the freeway.
I suppose that could well have been it. Didn't even think about that

Thanks!

Unread 07-28-2006, 02:25 PM   #5
Wif
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would think it's the Jeeps way of telling you to wake up, take a look at the tach and change gear ..
[I]Who's[/I] in front ?

Ridin' topless again .. sweet !!
Wif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
msavard
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wif
I would think it's the Jeeps way of telling you to wake up, take a look at the tach and change gear ..

Yeah... had been an eventful night and we were joking around and had sublime turned way up. No worries.... the jeep is running great this AM.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.