BROKEN PLASTIC- Warranty?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > BROKEN PLASTIC- Warranty??

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 12-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
armartel
2005 TJ Wrangler 

BROKEN PLASTIC- Warranty??

I bought a scratch resistant window set from BEST TOP in October and this morning I went out to the car and the window was cracked. I've only had it for three months, but I was hoping that someone had some experience or advice in dealing with Best Top and trying to get a replacement?

Does anyone know what the warranty covers? I"m pretty sure that it cracked because it was really cold outside, does anyone know if using the soft windows in the winter (below a certain temperature) voids the warranty???

Thanks so much for the help.

armartel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
bdevr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bestop is usually very good with warranty issues and sending replacements...
bdevr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

If its not listed on the warranty and care card, its covered.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
armartel
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I can't find the warranty and care card. Does anyone have a PDF to it, or have it handy and could let me know if this will be covered? I'm so bummed this happened... I just bought them.
Unread 12-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
bdevr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

check bestop.com. Instructions and warranty info is available for download.
Unread 12-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
armartel
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I went back to Quadratec and it looks like they are going to ship me a new one. They didn't say that exactly, but after I sent pictures to them, I got an email saying that there was a tracking number for my order and it looks like it was drop shipped, but that the product is still in the warehouse... Anyone have any experience with this process?
Unread 12-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I know here in KY, windows are covered under insurance, as an FYI. Good luck getting your window. Sounds like it's going to work for you.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
bdevr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armartel View Post
I went back to Quadratec and it looks like they are going to ship me a new one. They didn't say that exactly, but after I sent pictures to them, I got an email saying that there was a tracking number for my order and it looks like it was drop shipped, but that the product is still in the warehouse... Anyone have any experience with this process?
Many many times... The parts are being shipped directly from bestop. Don't sit by the door holding your breath, but they should be coming. Also, don't be too surprised if they send you the wrong thing...
Unread 12-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
armartel
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You know, I never thought to check with insurance... What a great idea! I'll call them tomorrow... Thanks again.
Unread 12-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
Nonya
Web Wheeler
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Best top sent me a side window and a rear window under warranty free of charge. Great company to deal with.
Nonya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.