Broke plastic door panel handle, custom replacements? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Broke plastic door panel handle, custom replacements?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
heepyjeepy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Broke plastic door panel handle, custom replacements?

Do to some strong passengers, winter temps and some abuse, Ive seemed to have broke my door handle off. The plastic that holds the interior door handle has cracked and broke off. I was looking at buying a replacement from 4x4.com and they go for $165. This not only pisses me off because I know they injection mold these things in less than a minute for $165. Career change anyone?

anyway, Id like to get this fixed and maybe get an arm rest out of it. any ideas? plans? Im a machinist with nearly every machine so thats not an issue.

thanks

heepyjeepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
mystangt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

EDIT: Scratch what I said below. I understand what you are looking for now.

If
i understood correctly, this is what you are looking for. I just don't know how you found it for $165....Its $8 here:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1363441&parttype=1288

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.