Broke my Fog Light bracket - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Broke my Fog Light bracket

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
FlynG
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Broke my Fog Light bracket

Hi all,

Anyone have a source for the attachment bracket for the factory fog light? I broke my this morning but the light and cable are fine.

Thanks

Unread 02-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
GunMetalBlue
1999 TJ Wrangler 

From what I have heard, you cannot buy the bracket alone. My suggestion would be a junk yark and pull one from there.

[FONT="Arial Black"][B][I]shall not be infringed[/I][/B][/FONT]
GunMetalBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
nickfast
2003 WJ 

Or fab something up out of flat strap or u channel.

Nick
nickfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Try Ebay.Hella makes the 05' oem fogs.I sold a set of factory fog lights for $60.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
scs2016
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjan View Post
From what I have heard, you cannot buy the bracket alone. My suggestion would be a junk yard and pull one from there.
I called a dealership just the other day about buying fog light brackets. No dice. Not sold separately. I am curious what interchangeability there might be since Wrangler fog light brackets seem like they'd be difficult to find at the local pick-and-pull....
scs2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scs2016 View Post
I am curious what interchangeability there might be since Wrangler fog light brackets seem like they'd be difficult to find at the local pick-and-pull....
None.
Even though Hella makes them, they are unique to the TJ.
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #7
nowickyj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I fiberglassed mine back together it was broken in many places. lots of resin and cloth worked perfect sanded and painted ez fix if you have the pieces.
2005 Rubicon Jks discos 3.5 Rubicon Express superflex homebrew adj. uppers, Tom Woods driveshaft 1" BL , nitros, KC daylighters, XRC8, 35s KM2's, soft 8's custom bumpers, and all kinds of other stuff....
nowickyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:08 AM   #8
FlynG
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Oh well, worth a chance I guess. Mine broke the bottom off and chipped a piece out of the outer ring but didn't crack the glass. It actually still works.

It looks like an inexpensive Hella fog light set such as the 500 or 500FF and then Ebay my good one plus the good lens might be the way to go.

Thanks for the replies.
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #9
Tryer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It just so happens, I changed out my lites to Hella, and I have a good bracket on the old one I was going to throw away. If you want, and have the time to wait for it, I will send it by mail. PM me your addy. No charge.
Tryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #10
FlynG
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryer View Post
It just so happens, I changed out my lites to Hella, and I have a good bracket on the old one I was going to throw away. If you want, and have the time to wait for it, I will send it by mail. PM me your addy. No charge.
That is totally awesome but after looking at it closer last night the cracked lip would let water in and ruin the light. So I'm probably best to go ahead and upgrade.
Unread 02-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #11
SusanDale
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We had our right fog light snapped off the plastic mount yesterday when a guy back into me at a stoplight. He did not speak much English. I have a strong feeling we wil be repairing our own fog light... Anyway, I disconnected the fog light today so it isn't dangling. We have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler but I don't know which 2 letters apply to our Jeep. It has a back seat. Do you still have a mounting bracket and can I buy it from you if it is the correct one?
Thanks,
Susan
SusanDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #12
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDale View Post
We have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler but I don't know which 2 letters apply to our Jeep. It has a back seat.
If it is a 2006 Wrangler, it is a "TJ."
If it's the long wheel base model, it is a "TJ Unlimited."
(Forum slang for the TJ Unlimited is "LJ.")
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #13
Tryer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Susan, I sent it to FlynG. If he can't use it maybe he will send it on to you.

A new assembly cost $150+, a junk yard will charge you a third of that. It would be best if you can work something out like we just did.
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #14
FlynG
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Susan, I sent it to FlynG. If he can't use it maybe he will send it on to you.

A new assembly cost $150+, a junk yard will charge you a third of that. It would be best if you can work something out like we just did.
??? I didn't send an address to anyone??? Did someone else use my name?
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #15
Tryer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, FlynG. It was Night Wolf I sent it too. My bad.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.