Brakes!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Brakes!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 08-22-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
GreenTJ420
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Brakes!!

I need brakes!! Just put 33s on and the stock brakes almost gave out on me going down the Mtn tonight. Not alot of fun so I need thoughts on the what's best for 33s not going any bigger. I know I should search but I'm at work and can't on my phone was hoping to order the stuff tonight.

GreenTJ420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Vanco...
Unread 08-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
Knight-Rider
2006 LJ Wrangler 

What about the AEV big brake kits?

They are pricey, but are they THAT much better than the vanco's?
Knight-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
GreenTJ420
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah those would be great but I'm on a budget also. I was thinking better rotors and pads suggestions those will for sure be a later purchase.
GreenTJ420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've been VERY happy with my EBC yellow pads and Centric rotors. If you do a search you'll find loads of info on them. They weren't too expensive, pretty straight forward to install and gave excellent performance in several dicey situations on my big road trip recently. I had myself, my three soon to be teenage nephews, my military offroad trailer with all the gear, a week's food, 5 gallons of spare gas, 10 gallons of water and almost all my tools and recovery equipment. In steep trail sections, wet highway, coming off Pikes Peak etc. the EBC Yellow and Centrics performed above expectation. I purchased them from Amazon and with my Prime membership, got free shipping.

FWIW,
Adam
'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Faramir66103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
OneLoud
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, the two suggestions you will see on this site will be vanco's for a big brake kit and EBC/Centric for a pad and rotor replacement. I really like my EBC green stuff pads and centric rotors I have in my rears and will be doing the same just with yellow for my front shortly.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/pay-forward-1091342/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/pay-forward-1091342/[/URL]
^Check this thread out!!!^

"What is this? It's my car, it's a Prius. It literally feels like I'm riding around in a vigina right now!"
OneLoud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Another vote for EBC yellowstuff pads and Centric premium rotors.
TheBoogieman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
Vanco...
x2....just installed them with 33s.....and DAMN.

I ran EBC/Centric combo too. Good for 31s, barely adequete with 33s. But Vanco + 33s...once i get em dialed in, I can push my face into the windshield and lock up sticky 12.5" wide Duratracs @ 27 psi.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.