Brake Pads And Rotors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Brake Pads And Rotors

New jk doors from steinjagerOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 05-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
jrechin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Brake Pads And Rotors

Successfully changed my original rotors and replacement NAPA pads with Advanced Auto Parts "silver" rotors and pads. I replaced my original pads about one year ago with NAPA Rayloc Proformer Semi-Metallic. My brakes had been very noisy/squeaky since the NAPA pads went on, and they produced an unbelievable amount of dust, and I could not keep my wheels clean. With the AAP Rotors and pads the brakes are now back to stock quiet, don't know about the dust yet.

I have attached pics of the old parts. Here is a link to the old NAPA pads;
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...8AM_0320805783

Did I do something wrong last year? Was the noise a rotor issue? Are those NAPA pads just to cheap?

rotor.jpg   pads.jpg  
jrechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrechin View Post
Successfully changed my original rotors and replacement NAPA pads with Advanced Auto Parts "silver" rotors and pads. I replaced my original pads about one year ago with NAPA Rayloc Proformer Semi-Metallic. My brakes had been very noisy/squeaky since the NAPA pads went on, and they produced an unbelievable amount of dust, and I could not keep my wheels clean. With the AAP Rotors and pads the brakes are now back to stock quiet, don't know about the dust yet.

I have attached pics of the old parts. Here is a link to the old NAPA pads;
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...8AM_0320805783

Did I do something wrong last year? Was the noise a rotor issue? Are those NAPA pads just to cheap?
That is why they were noisy. I never did like that style.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.