Brake line replacement???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Brake line replacement????

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 04-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
wml52
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Brake line replacement????

I have a 2000 Wrangler that has severely corroded brake lines that need to be replaced. I was going to replace them with SS lines however all of the kits I see for replacement lines are for wranglers that do not have ABS, my wrangler originally came equipped with ABS.

My ABS system has not been used in years due to the fact that both front and rear axles have been replaced with Dane 44's and so the sensors were removed a long time ago. The ABS pump is still in line, however the system is non functional.

I would like to know what would be involved in removing the ABS pump and replacing the OEM brake lines with lines for a non ABS wrangler. What would I need as far as parts go i.e. proportioning valve and what have you?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bill

wml52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.