brake fluid disapering with no spots on the floor???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > brake fluid disapering with no spots on the floor????

Introducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle TrussPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
TheSherp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

brake fluid disapering with no spots on the floor????

I have had my break light come on 2 times in the last month, when it does the break pedel goes to the floor but I can stop very slowly. After filling the resivior and bleading the breaks its fine for a while. Now my pedle is very hard. It only moves about a half an inch then I start feeling the breaks. I've looked under the jeep and there is no leaks anywhere to be found. Anyone have an idea what could be going on? I'm at a loss. Someone said that the break booster could be leaking on the back side and sucking it into the vacume and possibly burning it off??????

TheSherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
chainbrain2002
1997 TJ Wrangler 

id check and see if you have a leak in youre rear brake cylinders, or if you are getting brake fluid sucking from your master cylinder into your brake booster through the rear seals. check your hoses for any dampness, as well as the resivior. is your jeep smoking while its running?or while you press the brake while its running?
chainbrain2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
TheSherp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

When I get back from helping the GF I'll have to pull the MC and see. I'm not seeing anything at any of the wheels or anything on any of the hoses. I don't notice any smoking at all. I'll have to see if it is when I press the break.
Unread 07-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
chainbrain2002
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ok try this check the vaccum line from your brake booster to the intake for any fluid residue in the line, if it looks wet you may have to replace youre mc and vac booster together to fix the problem.
chainbrain2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
Outatime05

(Post deleted by author.)
Outatime05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2010, 06:19 AM   #6
TheSherp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well I tried that last night and it all checked out good. The only other thing I can think of is its a small leak in the drums. I'll pull those again and try to see if I can find the leak. I'll also re blead the system again and see if that helps. Any other ideas????

Tags
brake fluid , leak , brake master cylinder , brake cylinder

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.