Brake Booster or Master Cylinder>? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Brake Booster or Master Cylinder>?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
MikeUnlimited04
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Brake Booster or Master Cylinder>?

Ok, For the last 2 months my brake pedal has felt spongy and soft. Occasionally the pedal will lose pressure and become VERY difficult to stop. Other times it works fine. I would say 7/8 stops are fine. but the other 1/8 the pedal feels loose and will sink to the floorboard.

Today I was pulling up on a red light and went to brake and the pedal had NO pressure AT ALL. The brakes were completely ineffective. I had to downshift and yank the parking brake in order to stop.

It is time I get this taken care of before I cause a wreck. I had the brakes bled when the problem started and no air was found in the lines. This leads me to either a bad master cylinder or bad brake booster... any ideas what to look for?

thanks!

Silver JEEP Club Member #36
MikeUnlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
XTC Jpr13
2000 TJ Wrangler 

check the vacuum line connected to the booster as well.
XTC Jpr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
MikeUnlimited04
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC Jpr13 View Post
check the vacuum line connected to the booster as well.
will do in the morning! thanks!

Silver JEEP Club Member #36
MikeUnlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.