bolt problem not really jeep oriented - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > bolt problem not really jeep oriented

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-21-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
cspoffroad

bolt problem not really jeep oriented

I was hoping somebody could help me out with this. I bought a 4xrac to mount my hi-lift to the bumper. A couple of weeks ago i decided to take the hi-lift and move it into the cab. Now i have the 4xrac things still on. I got one off (4 bolts). I got 3 of the 4 bolts off on the other one bu the 4th one is stuck or something like it. Everything seems to be turning right but the stupid thing will not come out. I went to home depot and bought metal blades to fit the sawsall. I tried to cut the bolt off but that didnt work. Is there anybody out there that can tell me what i need to do in order to get this bolt off?
Thanks

Skykacker 4inch, 33x12.50 BFG M/T's, kilby steering skid, optima red top, flowmaster 40 series, airaid intake and TBS, bestop bikini and halftop, lock-right in Dana 30

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/665152/4]http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/665152/4[/URL]

"Are you locked up?

Yup, both doors!!!!"
cspoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You can't get to the nut on the other side to prevent it from spinning with a wrench?

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2005, 06:20 PM   #3
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

wiz-wheel,

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2005, 07:31 PM   #4
cspoffroad

i can get a hold of both the nut on one side and the actual bolt head. I hold the nut tight and use a socket wrench to try and get the bolt out. I can turn and turn but nothing happens.
Thanks

Skykacker 4inch, 33x12.50 BFG M/T's, kilby steering skid, optima red top, flowmaster 40 series, airaid intake and TBS, bestop bikini and halftop, lock-right in Dana 30

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/665152/4]http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/665152/4[/URL]

"Are you locked up?

Yup, both doors!!!!"
cspoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
unrefined

Is the bolt threaded all the way to the head? If not and it has a smooth portion you may, emphasis on may, have ran the nut past the thread. You would have had to put some serious torque on it if the bolt was a softer grade. Ive seen it happen on some airplane components, but pretty rare. If thats the case just saw-zaw it off. Or attempt to anyway. Odds are this probably isn't the case but just a possibility. Good Luck.

Or if the non-threaded portion of the shank was a smaller diameter than the threads it could have ran off.
[color=blue]Air Force Jeep Club Member #10[/color]
unrefined is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.