body mount bolt ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > body mount bolt ??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
superman613

body mount bolt ??

While attempting to take off my body mount bolts i snapped one. It's on the driver's side, the middle one of the three. So i have two questions. What's the best way to get it out... and will i be okay driving without it?

TIA
Tommy T

15x8 Cragar Soft 8's
Explorer ProComp 2" suspension lift
1.75" BB lift on top of that
BL/MML coming soon to a Jeep near you!!
[COLOR=white]White Jeep Member #613[/COLOR]
superman613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2005, 08:15 AM   #2
What The?
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I broke the same one. The best solution is to drill it out, tap some threads, and put a new bolt in. But, since it's just one, you'll probably be fine without it. I'd at least try to slip the puck in, just so the body has it to rest on.
Unread 02-14-2005, 10:16 AM   #3
chadjeep

if you could, you could weld a head on to it and just take it out, it wouldn't take much, you should be fine, but I would address the problem as soon as possible to prevent other problems.
chadjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.