Body lift question..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body lift question.....

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

Body lift question..... *updated*

I installed what i assumed to be a Daystar 1" body lift a year ago but with the recent threads and picture regarding body lift heights I'm starting to think I may have ended up with more than I wanted.

My question is, does anyone know off hand the thickness of the stock body mounts or could someone with a true 1" BL measure their frame to body gap so I can verify what I actually have? The gap annoys me to no end and I want to fix it asap. Thanks!

Last edited by zachjf; 07-11-2010 at 08:12 PM..
zachjf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
JealousDad
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I measured the stock mounts at the back of my jeep and they are 3/4" tall. You must have a 1 1/4" lift.
How do you like the Daystar lift? I was thinking of getting the same lift soon.
JealousDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

that looks like it has a rocker guard sitting on top of your body mount.
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

After looking at it and scratching my head I'm just going to raise the rear bumper I'm building to compensate for the BL and cover a big chunk of the gap if not all of it.

Jealousdad; thanks for the measurement! I am very satisfied with the body lift as I never liked the "puck under the stock body mount" configuration and prefer the one piece style BL's, thats just my opinion tho. The kit went on super easy and was complete with everything I needed including extra bolts and washers. I have no experience with the transfer case shifter bracket lowering piece tho as I bought an AdvanceAdapters transfer case relocation bracket to get rid of the stock setup.

Misfit; Not sure what you mean, the gold colored piece on top of the mount is a washer that came with the kit and every one of the mounts has one.
Unread 07-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #5
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

let me reassure you, you have a 1" body lift.
the tub has dimples for the body pucks to sit against. it looks like you have rocker guards, and the pucks are not sitting in the divots.
if you are building a swing out tire carrier bumper, dont worry about lifting it to cover the gap. the swing out will cover it.
if you are not building a swing out, dont raise it too much. it is there to keep you safe if you get rear ended.

Last edited by MisfitSeven; 07-12-2010 at 05:40 PM..
MisfitSeven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

My brother had a gap guard made for his by a welding shop.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

Nope, no rocker guards and I did check to make sure the mounts were sitting in the divots properly. I am building a swing out tire carrier for the bumper but I still flipped the lower brackets over a bit to see what it would look like and it raised the bumper up a 1/2" so I think I'll go with that and let the swing out cover the rest.

Thats a good idea your bro had Boogie, covers the gap up and finishes it off nicely!

Tags
Body lift , height , actual measurment , stock body mount

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.