Body Lift brand differences - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body Lift brand differences

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-22-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Body Lift brand differences

Hi All, I've been contemplating adding a 1" body lift to the Jeep, and am hoping you folks can provide some info/feedback on the differences between the various manufacturers kits. I've seen kits from M.O.R.E., JKS, Performance Accessories, Skyjacker, Teraflex and others. The prices vary, and some seem to come with spacers and brackets, and others seem to only include spacers. I'm a little at a loss here, and have a birthday coming up, so any info, reviews, opinions, you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Faramir66103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You just answered your own question.Some come complete and others don't.Some come with poly spacers,some come with aluminum and some with nylon.Performance Accessories comes with durable nylon spacers and EVERYTHING you need (radiator/tcase shifter relocation brackets)for an easy install.The price is cheaper too.Even Jerry B. says they are good.I've put them on 4 Jeeps now and never had a problem.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
Zew

1998 TJ Wrangler 

yah... I'm stuck between doing the perf accessories or the JKS.

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Kolak Ignition upgrade, K&N CAI, DT Headers w 3" Kolak exhaust/Flowmaster 50/Magnaflow CAT, Front/Rear Baer Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Front/Rear EBC Greenstuff Pads, Alpine CD/MP3/iPod Control Deck, RF 6.5 Power Series Separates

My V8 swap thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my-5-2-v8-swap-618350/
Zew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
deltabravo

JKS all the way.

I had a Daystar, which is the same as the Perf Accessories kit, and it being a all repalcement, poly kit, it transmitted a lot of noise, vibration and harshness (abbreviated as NVH) through to the body and drove me crazy.

The JKS uses poly pucks that work in combination the the stock rubber mounts, to provide factory-like dampening of NVH.

I sell 'em in my store http://www.envy4x4.com/JKS_B1_Body_Lifts.html
deltabravo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.