blown np231 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > blown np231

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
stormtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

blown np231

Well today i finally got my jeep running. for those who saw my previous threads about how it would not start i turned out to be a bad ecu. i only have my rear regeared to 4.88 at this time. My transfer case was stuck in 4hi. I went about 4 feet with like that. now the transfer case has a slapping noise in it. Did i grenade my tc? if so would that be just the chain that broke most likely?

stormtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You might have cracked or broke something inside. I would guess you stretched your chain?
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

There's no telling until you pull it and check it out.

My advice to you is to drink heavily.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
np231 , problems

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.