Blower Resistor Replacement 05 LJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Blower Resistor Replacement 05 LJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #16
Okiiashi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I replaced mine over the weekend. Except...
I bought a resistor pack from a 03 Chrysler Sebring. It looks alot a beefier and fits like it was made to be in the blower with cost cutting like the Jeep's replacement. I just want to test this one out, since I've replaced this before with the one you guys got.

()_) ()_)---)_)RED JEEP #446
“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there” - Will Rogers
Okiiashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #17
Madmanmiller802
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Took out the old threw in the new. No more Fire and Ice. It is very nice to have the low settings back. Mine was missing the bottom two. unplugging the Green connector makes everything so much easier. Just slide the red, push the green tab and then slide the bottom connector up and off. I also was able to fit a 3/8" ratchet with a converter and then a 5/16" socket 1/4" drive. The 8mm was just a hair big on my 04.
Thanks everyone. I love Jeepforum
Unread 12-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #18
JeepJeffW
2004 WJ 

Just want to say thanks! Did mine this morning and all is well. Part was $20 from Advance Auto.

~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1984
JeepJeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #19
sireland67

Thanks, the pics were great,
It took me about a 1/2 hour to change it.
Once I got the old one out, I bolted the new one in, then plugged the wiring into it.
Much easier.
$20.00 bucks and heat on all 4-speeds.
You mentioned having a hard time removing the wiring.
As for removing the harness from the resistor, slide a small screwdriver thru the resistor side to the harness side it will come right off easy.
Thanks again.
sireland67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #20
Legend63
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Boundless

The pics you put up for the r/r of the blower motor res. were Awesome! You saved me a lot of time Thanks
Legend63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #21
steveml
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just did mine today also. The blower worked fine except for the lowest speed. Trouble shot the switch and found it to be okay. Figured the problem was the resistor. The pictures and replacement explanations on this forum really helped me to get the job done on my 04 TJ. I also found it easier to get the plug off after removing the resistor from the duct. It was easier pluging the cable back in after reinstalling the resistor back into the duct. I found it interesting that I bought my new resistor at the dealer and only paid $20.00 for it. Sounds like you guys paid more at the auto parts store.
steveml is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #22
flecker
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Complete PI the A! It did however work for me... I used di-electric grease to seal the deal for continuity sakes.

And yes it was quite a bit easier to leave the new resistor unplugged. I also purchased the duralast brand, looked very different from the original. A tad smaller actually.
flecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #23
AstroZombie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the write up. Subscribed for future use!

USN Jeep Club Hull # 199
AstroZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #24
critterjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

this was an amazing write up, thanks. I did this today. for me, it was easier just to take the 5/16ths short wrench and do it. the socket kept twisting and falling off the screw. 28 bucks for the part at advance auto.
2003 Rubicon (shale green/khaki), 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud KM2s on Pro Comp 8179s (Firestone Winterforce on stock Moabs for winter), Bilstein 5100s, 3" AEV (nth) Progessive coils, OME steering stabilizer, 1" M.O.R.E. body lift, JKS adj. track bar in the front, 1" JKS budget motor mount lift, RC quick discos, OR-Fab rear rock crawler bumper with 2" receiver, Rokmen 3/16" steering box skid plate, Rokmen rear frame tie-ins, Teraflex 3/16" heavy-duty oil pan skid plate, Alpine CDE-124SXM CD/sat radio MP3 player, Bestop sliding windows, Bestop Safari Bikini top (green military camo), Mopar "windjammer" rear window, Mopar "duster" tonneau cover with tailgate bar, Rockhard Full roll cage with full padding, KC slimlites long range/off road lights on KC windshield mounts, Tuffy security glove box, Pilot LED tail lights.
critterjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #25
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This should be a sticky....helped me out a bunch. Just finished the repair....cost me $27.81 and about a half and hours time. It is a tight space. A swivel on the socket wrench would make it easier (I don't have one) and plugging it back together after screwing the new part in place seems to be the best way to install it.

Thanks for the write up!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #26
rkdave
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I really want to thank every one for all the helpful replies to the original post. It made this job a lot more simple. A little tough to get at, especially with my big old sausage fingers, but not impossible.
Thanks again.
Dave
05 Wrangler Unlimited
rkdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #27
steitsma
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just finished mine as well, pain in the *** location but easy job. Part was 11 bucks on amazon, can't beat that!
steitsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 05:21 AM   #28
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

you are all very welcomed, glad it was helpful
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #29
Rugby_3
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Great write up with pictures. Just did the replacement with this help. Can use other tools but a 1/4" drive and 8mm socket make the job the easiest.
Rugby_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #30
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm glad this just popped back up...I need to do mine before winter and I was lost with every other write up I had found. Sticky this thing for sure.

Tags
blower , motor , replacement , resistor

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.