Blower Resistor Replaced, stereo stopped working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Blower Resistor Replaced, stereo stopped working

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Blower Resistor Replaced, stereo stopped working

So I only had one fan speed on the AC working and decided to replace the resistor. All speeds work now, but my headunit no longer works, and when you turn the key back (as opposed to forward to turn it on) none of the auxiliary electronics work (stereo, dome light, etc).

Any ideas? Is there a loose wire? Did I damage something? I disconnected the battery before I took anything apart, any help would be greatly appreciated. rush hour traffic sucks without music.

Chris

Unread 07-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

No one has any input? I'm checking the fuse on the unit, but any insight would be a great help!
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

There are only 4 things that are supposed to work both with the key on & back in the acc. position. The radio, wipers, turn signals & cig lighter all work that way. See if any or all those work in the on position then in the acc position. Report findings & I may be able to advise further. Also check fuses 13, 14, 15, & 19 in the fuse block behind the glove box.
Rubi4MyMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Florida_Model
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Everything started working without me touching it last night while I was driving. Which is also equally as perplexing.
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Means there is a poor connection somewhere.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.