Blower Motor Resistor-Testing If It's Bad - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Blower Motor Resistor-Testing If It's Bad

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
explorerlyon

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Blower Motor Resistor-Testing If It's Bad

After losing the fan speed on the lower two settings, I researched this forum and learned how to replace the blower motor resistor. I used this thread for the procedure: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/bl...05-lj-1048567/

BUT: How do you determine if the resistor is bad before replacing it? The field service manual says to test the resistor by checking continuity between all of the pins. This can be done before removing the resistor. You first need to uplug the wiring harness (which is a pain). Then check continuity between each and every pin.

There are 5 pins to test

5-pins.jpg

Sure enough, the one I removed did not have continuity with two of the pins The new one I purchased at the stealership this morning ($25) has continuity amoung all pins.

testing.jpg

Tags
blower , motor , resistor

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.