Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Blower Motor Resistor -WITH NAPA PART#s END ALL AND BE ALL READ READ READ!!!!

8K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Sandhara 
#1 ·
Okay after searching and searching here is the answer to everyone that has the question. My Jeep is a 97. Here is how to save you $28.50 for the same part.

I believe it is the years 97-01 TJ Blower Motor Resistor (Correct me if wrong)

NAPA# BR257 $51.99

Okay the same part as above but found in a Dodge Van 1500,2500, and 3500 (Full Size) NOT CARAVAN!!!

NAPA# BR129 $23.49

Only visible difference is a plastic piece that clips on the inside metal part of the resistor. I removed the plastic piece. Not sure if you can run it or not, my guess it would make no difference.

I hope this helps people :duhrock:

#2 ·
If it works, it works. The only difference might be fan speed. Nice find though.

#6 ·
Score.

Yeah got mine from rockauto.com for about that much. Cool thing was it was some off brand but the part came from the same exact factory as the OEM part (all same stamps and markings). Of course that means it's cr@p:rofl:

#11 ·
But still seems like the newer TJs had the same resistor issue. Could be worse I guess.
Could say that. At least in my experience. The original resistor in my '00 lasted 7 years and the one in my '06 lasted 3 years.

#15 ·
Dont try the resistor without it being installed in the unit the air flowing over it cools it and keeps it from burning up. Thats why it seems to go bad on the lower settings first less air flow lets it heat up and burn out where the high speed seems to last longer better cooling.

#16 ·
Ive had one from napa in mine for almost 2 years now with only a small problem, ocasionally it stops working and i gotta jiggle the connector a little and it works again (but i think that problem is in the connector).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.