blower motor current draw - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > blower motor current draw

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 08-21-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
Jackle
1999 TJ Wrangler 

blower motor current draw

does anyone know how to test if the blower motor for the vents is drawing too much power....... basically how do i test its current draw and what should the spec be?

Jackle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
EG00TJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

voltmeter .....
Unread 08-25-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
Jackle
1999 TJ Wrangler 

yea i know a voltmeter.......actually i just want to know the procedure (like speed switch on low or high or what) and what the spec should be
Jackle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
Texan4life
2004 LJ Wrangler 

If you have an amp clamp, you can just clamp it around the blower power wire for a measurement. Using a multimeter to measure current requires that you break the circuit and put the meter in series with the blower motor.

I don't know what the amperage should be. It is fed from a 40A fuse through the blower motor relay, but it won't be anywhere near 40A. I'd guess between 15 and 20 amps.
Texan4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.