blocked heater core? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > blocked heater core?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-21-2003, 09:25 PM   #1
sefuller

blocked heater core?

I have noticed since last fall when I first got my 97 TJ that the heat coming out of the floor vents was substantially less than what I used to get from my YJ or CJ. I hear lots of fan noise, and have hot air, but hardly any volume coming out of the floor vents. Tonight I observed that when the temperature is set to full heat, there is little air output, but the closer I move it to the cool side, the more air output I get. The difference in air volume from the cold side to the hot side is very significant, hardly any airflow on the hot side, and lots of airflow on the cold side. I am wondering if the heater core may be blocked by leaves, etc and if that is what is causing my poor airflow. Does this sound logical? I don't have AC, so removing the heater core would be a pain, but not as bad as if I did have AC. Any other suggestions as to what my cause the poor airflow? Where do all the leaves and tree pods that go down the air intake in front of the windshield end up? Is there anyplace where I could vacuum them out without having to remove the heater core?

Thanks,

Unread 06-21-2003, 09:49 PM   #2
KaiserJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not absolutely sure about a TJ - but on other Jeeps, you remove the wipers and pull up the cowl grille (the panel in front of the windscreen with the slots) and vacuum out the cowl with a crevice tool. If you don't have a screen under that grille, put one on - keep the crud out of the core and it won't corrode.
2003 Wrangler Rubicon TJ
KaiserJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.