Blend Door Repair - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Blend Door Repair

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
Parrishjeep

Blend Door Repair

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has a write up hopefully with pics for replacing the Blend Door for my heat / AC, It has come detached, I am assuming I am going to have to pull the dash off although I am hoping that there is a way to do it without pulling the dash, Thanks in advance for the help and Merry Christmas

Parrishjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
1jack5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

On a TJ? You are probably talking about a WJ (Grand Cherokee) correct? There has been many problems with the Limited WJ's having that problem.
1jack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Parrishjeep

Sorry, I forgot to mention I have a 99 wrangler 6cyl with AC Automatic, Thanks again
Unread 12-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
1jack5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

O ok, Some say you can go through the glove box but don't recommend it. In all honesty pulling the dash isn't that hard at all.

This should help too.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ho...repair-464741/
1jack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

See if this thread helps you.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/c-...vents-1088035/
Unread 12-26-2010, 06:13 AM   #6
timithye
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have no issues with getting heat from the vents, dash or floor, but when I have the vents or just floor selected and go up a hill, all the air goes comes out the dash onto the windshield, until I have leveled out. I am thinking vacuum leak or something of the sort. This problem has only been happening since having the heater core replaced.

Thoughts?
timithye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 06:42 AM   #7
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Is the blend door on the 99 vaccum acticated? I thought it used the small motor in the passernger footwell.

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #8
LalanP111
2004 TJ Wrangler 

not sure about the 99 but 98 still used vacuum.

IMHO the dash isnt that hard to pull however it is a lil tricky and at times frustrating.

if it is a vacuum then you can just look under the dash as you can see all the levers easily. try to move the arms of the vents that connect to the vacuum cylinders, you may have a broken one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
It takes care of me and in return, I take care of it. Takes me away from everything I don't want to be around, and back again when needed...
LalanP111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
Parrishjeep

Blend door is actuated by a motor electrically which works fine on my 99, The door is broken and needs to be replaced, I appreciate the help
Unread 12-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

They sell the plasic part that go into the HVAC housing that connect to the arms, but the newer motor actuator you have, is the plastic part at the bottom of the door broken, you could try to find the piece, but I'm not sure if the dealer sells the door without the housing.

Also where are you in FL? if you need help taking out the dash, if your real close I could help if needed, I just had my dash out a few months ago.
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.