Black Magic Brake pads vs EBC Yellowstuffs - the results - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Black Magic Brake pads vs EBC Yellowstuffs - the results

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #181
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J. yates View Post
That's all you have???? I knew it.... Now run along and play with your widdle baby Jeep before you get your feelings really hurt.
No, that's all im giving you. Seems like i hurt your feelings and you're getting personal. I don't want to be banned for hurting you any more, i came close once. My baby Jeep is mine and is the way i like it. I don't need a big Jeep to feel bigger...

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #182
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necko2529 View Post
My baby Jeep is mine and is the way i like it. I don't need a big Jeep to feel bigger...

Suuuure.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #183
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quitter! Hahah

Unread 08-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #184
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinSoldier View Post

Sooooo - bottom line up front after spending a lot of money, you either have decent brakes or you don't.
No, you will. As soon as we figure out the problem, they will be as great as they were when you first had them installed.
Unread 08-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #185
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quitter! Hahah
So says the guy with absolutely no experience with any of the product being discussed.

Jeepinsolider.... Thanx for your service. Blaine has been involved with the brakes on my trucks for 10 years now. I have a Vanco kit and hydro booster with BM pads on my Wrangler as well as a Centric rotor and BM pad kit on my daily driver Grand Cherokee. None that product would be on any of my trucks if it didn't work. My advice is to work your problem through with Blaine and you will get taken care of. Blaine knows Jeeps and especially brakes for Jeeps which is why the product is out there.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #186
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Blaine is the leading expert in brakes for this application. Why you wouldn't have the utmost confidence that he can address any perceived shortcomings is beyond me.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #187
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Blaine is the leading expert in brakes for this application. Why you wouldn't have the utmost confidence that he can address any perceived shortcomings is beyond me.
None of that matters for many reasons least of which is I can't fix or do anything unless I know about it and there's ways to know about it and ways to "know" about it. What I don't understand is it takes longer to type out a post on the 'net than it does to call me and anyone that has called knows I take calls from 6:30 am to 9pm CA time.

At this point I'm not doing anything until I hear back from Mike.
Unread 08-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #188
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
As your wife tells me, more than what is behind yours

Slackjaw.... No comment directed at you. What I was reposting was Blaine's commitment to offering the best brake product out there which some people either forgot or simply did not have the reading skills to comprehend.
obliged

If the Unlimited04 and the JeepinSoldier meet up, I'm sure Unlimited will convince/confirm that Blaine is just a nice, albeit hairy, teddy bear in real life.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #189
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So says the guy with absolutely no experience with any of the product being discussed.
... Never commented on any of the product, Shorty!

Unread 08-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #190
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
... Never commented on any of the product, Shorty!
I don't mind a bit of good to not so good natured ribbing and bantering especially over a person's attributes that they have no control over, but unless you know something about his nether regions I've never seen fit to delve into, shorty is not how I would describe him. He's at least as tall as I am. Now, on the other hand if you are privy to that info, just put me in the pepper and tweezers category and leave me out of it.
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #191
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I don't mind a bit of good to not so good natured ribbing and bantering especially over a person's attributes that they have no control over, but unless you know something about his nether regions I've never seen fit to delve into, shorty is not how I would describe him. He's at least as tall as I am. Now, on the other hand if you are privy to that info, just put me in the pepper and tweezers category and leave me out of it.
If you guys are talking about height and not somethig else, I dont remember Robert being short. I also remember you being taller than I expected
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #192
JeffBowser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I hate to break into this brake conversation about penis sizes, but I have a question for the BM brake pad experts. What would be a reason one could not break in the brake pads by riding the brakes, as opposed to the 5 x 2 rolling stops? Reason I ask is those of us stuck in more urban (and trafficked) areas have some trouble with the start/stops without getting up at sunrise and going far far away.....
JeffBowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #193
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffBowser View Post
I hate to break into this brake conversation about penis sizes...
lolled...would have been funnier if the spelling were incorrect though.
Unread 08-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #194
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
What would be a reason one could not break in the brake pads by riding the brakes, as opposed to the 5 x 2 rolling stops? Reason I ask is those of us stuck in more urban (and trafficked) areas have some trouble with the start/stops without getting up at sunrise and going far far away.....
A guess but it may be to avoid the pad material from accumulating on the rotor?
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #195
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I hate to break into this brake conversation about penis sizes, but I have a question for the BM brake pad experts. What would be a reason one could not break in the brake pads by riding the brakes, as opposed to the 5 x 2 rolling stops? Reason I ask is those of us stuck in more urban (and trafficked) areas have some trouble with the start/stops without getting up at sunrise and going far far away.....
you should be able to find an industrial//business/office park somewhere with a street long enough and no traffic after working hours.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.