Black Diamond vs. Black Denim Bestop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Black Diamond vs. Black Denim Bestop

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
jmgunslinger
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Black Diamond vs. Black Denim Bestop

I've got an 02 I bought used about a year ago. I'm looking to get some Bestop 2 piece doors for it but I'm not sure if my factory top is Black Diamond or Black Denim. From the pictures on various sites I can't tell if there's a different tone to the two colors or if just the material is different. Does anyone have any experience or advice? Or is there a simple way to tell which shade my Jeep is? It wouldn't be the end of the world if my doors didn't match my top, but it would be mildly annoying.

jmgunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
djt283
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you are sure you still have the original top then it is Black Denim (15). The Black Diamond (35) color wasn't used until '03. One thing to keep in mind is if you plan to replace your top in the near future, I'm pretty sure Bestop only makes sailcloth replace-a-tops in Black Diamond, so your doors might not match then.

Also, either way your top has been fading for 7 years, so either will look darker out of the box.

Edit: Not sure of the color difference when both are new, but I bought those doors and a new top in Black Diamond to replace the denim I had. Texture is different (diamond is smoother).
djt283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
jmgunslinger
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for your help! I hadn't thought about the fading, but I guess that means either way the color won't be quite right. I actually went with the Black Diamond because of the texture difference you mentioned. I figure something a little smoother wouldn't trap as much bird crap (my parking spot is under a tree).
jmgunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.