Black Bart- Clutch Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Black Bart- Clutch Issues

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
papa1961
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Black Bart- Clutch Issues

I recently put a new clutch (Centerforce II) in my 2006 TJ Rubicon. Now at least once a week I will have trouble getting in to gear (while jeep is running). If I turn off the jeep, slides right in to gear. It acts like the clutch is not disengaging (with jeep running, when I try to put in gear jeep will lurch forward). Last week I replaced the slave cylinder and the same thing. Clutch/ Master cylinder? Anyone have any ideas?

papa1961 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
JFM626
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So most of the time it is fine? When it doesn't work have you tried rapidly pumping the clutch pedal to see if that helps? Are you finding this happens just when you are going into gear after a stop or also when shifting through the gears? When it doesn't work does the pedal feel mushy with no resistance for the first few inches of downward travel?
Unread 12-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #3
papa1961
2006 TJ Wrangler 

BB-Clutch Issues

Petal feel good/normal. It started when I was stopped, but now it can happen when I am driving. There are no noises or chatter.
papa1961 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.