BL Body Lift install / Fan clutch / Motor Mount Lift sorta ... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > BL Body Lift install / Fan clutch / Motor Mount Lift sorta ...

KrawlOff-Road.com Jeep Beach SaleFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 02-21-2011, 02:25 AM   #1
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

BL Body Lift install / Fan clutch / Motor Mount Lift sorta ...

I made a BL out of some " extra Plastic I had left over from making my own BB spacers.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ho...-pics-1025457/
and then added another 1" plus shocks vvv
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ho...hocks-1114872/

I also made my own TC shifter bracket Had to make two because on the first one I only made it go 1" and it needed to be a minimum on 1-3/8" to clear all the brackets.

The body lift was easy to install. The shifter bracket was not.
I had to take the main bracket on the floor to get it all in.

I was going to make a MML too but the bolts are metric and I had gotten a 7/16" coupler bolt to use on the welded stud .... well I don't think I will be able to find a metric coupler bolt so I may have to .... BUY a MML ...

In the mean time I Had a hell of a time with the fan shroud I could not get it low enough to clear the fan .... AND I could NOT get the Fan Clutch Off to do any trimming....( Chipped a piece of the power steering pull trying)

so I lowered it as far as it would go.

THEN I made a little 1/4" MML spacer with some extra steel and bolted it on using the stock bolts.... now it clears the fan ....

I haven't been able to find a post talking about these issues to I just thought I'd share.

If you plan to do a BL without a MML try to take the fan clutch off first. Make sure you can or you have a big problem if you do it last like ME.........

$60 JKS http://www.store.jksmfg.com/merchant...ode=Body_Motor

$54.95 RC http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtr...or-mounts.html

Unread 02-21-2011, 02:41 AM   #2
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

With the 2-3/4" in front and the 2" in back BB and the 1" BL

I got 3-3/4" total in front and 3" total in back for $137.95 for the shocks plus like $20 for bolts

$157.95 total cheapest I could find for all that stuff would be $300.
Unread 02-21-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Motorbike View Post
If you plan to do a BL without a MML try to take the fan clutch off first. Make sure you can or you have a big problem if you do it last like ME.........
You NEVER take the fan clutch off to do a BL.A BL comes with fan shroud brackets to lower it or you simply drill new holes in the stock one.I bought a new BL and MML on craigslist for $60 for both.
Unread 02-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
Mike_Motorbike
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The fan shroud hit the lower radiator hoses and would not lower enough to clear the fan blades.

The directions I down loaded for BL's say you have to trim the fan shroud around those hoses.
To do that you need to remove the shroud and to do that you need to removed the fan clutch too.

Last night I read some other manufactures instructions and they say to lower the whole radiator with their supplied brackets.

Anyway if you are NOT going to do a MML you will probly have interference with the fan and shroud.

If the DIYer is going to do this at home be prepared to either remove the fan clutch or lower the rad OR put on a MML.

I have air conditioning so I may have to remove the motor mount bracket to the engine to be able to get the mount out.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.