Bigger wheels, Bigger problems??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bigger wheels, Bigger problems???

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-27-2003, 03:40 PM   #1
mudstuck

Bigger wheels, Bigger problems???

I wanna put 31" Rubi rims and tires on my 2000TJ, will that add alot of stress to my wheelbearings and stuff??? basically am I asking for problems by doing this???

mudstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2003, 03:45 PM   #2
Page1332

I'll give you the short answer. No.
Page1332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2003, 03:48 PM   #3
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page1332
I'll give you the short answer. No.
I'll give you the longer answer. Not at all.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2003, 04:14 PM   #4
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'll give ya my Rubi wheels... for the right price. And if you're close enough. Shipping for these things sucks.
Unread 09-27-2003, 04:39 PM   #5
mudstuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
I'll give ya my Rubi wheels... for the right price. And if you're close enough. Shipping for these things sucks.
What's the right price?????/
Unread 09-27-2003, 04:43 PM   #6
mudstuck

One more dumb question, what if for now I don't go with the suspension lift and just lift the springs with a 1" spacer? Am I compromising anything? and If I get a 1" spacer and I measure it and it measures 1" will this lift the jeep 1"?????????????
There are ****loads of people debating this topic and it's driving me nuts....
Unread 09-27-2003, 04:50 PM   #7
hol

Yes, it would lift it 1 inch.
2000 Sahara, 33x12.50 BFG AT's, Black American Racing steel rims, 4" BDS lift, Warn XD9000i, Custom Front bumper, Blue Ridge Offroad Rock Rails, Warn swing away tire carrier, 4to1 transfer case, many other odds and ends.
hol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2003, 04:51 PM   #8
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudstuck
One more dumb question, what if for now I don't go with the suspension lift and just lift the springs with a 1" spacer? Am I compromising anything? and If I get a 1" spacer and I measure it and it measures 1" will this lift the jeep 1"?????????????
There are ****loads of people debating this topic and it's driving me nuts....
Price depends on where you're at. Like I said, shipping sucks. If you're close enough, I'd deliver for $750. Anyway, these wheels and tires will fit just fine on a stock jeep with no lift. If you disconnect the swaybar you might rub the flares offroad, but I doubt it. I never rubbed. You can get the spacers and yes they will lift the jeep that much. You may want to consider longer shocks depending on how big of a spacer you go with.
Unread 09-27-2003, 10:00 PM   #9
msm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyTJ
Price depends on where you're at. Like I said, shipping sucks. If you're close enough, I'd deliver for $750. Anyway, these wheels and tires will fit just fine on a stock jeep with no lift. If you disconnect the swaybar you might rub the flares offroad, but I doubt it. I never rubbed. You can get the spacers and yes they will lift the jeep that much. You may want to consider longer shocks depending on how big of a spacer you go with.

I'm interested in your wheels...shoot me an email at msmeyer@pol.net. What is the the exact size of the rims and tires, how is he condition, how much rubber left. Thanks! Mike
Unread 09-28-2003, 10:03 PM   #10
Jon Jacob

Jon Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudstuck
I wanna put 31" Rubi rims and tires on my 2000TJ, will that add alot of stress to my wheelbearings and stuff??? basically am I asking for problems by doing this???
What's a 31" rim? Are you mounting a John Deer tire to that?
Jon Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.