Bigger Shocks W/2" (Budget Boost)??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bigger Shocks W/2" (Budget Boost)???

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 03-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
joliejeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Bigger Shocks W/2" (Budget Boost)???

2" Coil Spacer Lift W/32" Tires... Do I Need More Than Stock Shocks?

joliejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

you can go to around 22.5" long fully extended shocks without longer bumpstops and uptravel inteference.
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
joliejeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

do i have to though? ... the stock front is 20.375 rear 19.625 ... i can get them replaced under warranty = free if i am able to stick to stock, i've been driving on stock size since the lift was installed july 08!
Unread 03-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
cheapjeep06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

With my 2" spacer lift, front was ok, but rear topped out after going over a hump in the road. I put on shocks for 4" lift, no problems.

cheapjeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

not for the 2" bb, stock work fine untill you decide you want more travel out of your suspension..

if you don't have a 1"bl also, the 32's can hit the fenders before the stock bumpstops.
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
joliejeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

confused ... had my jeep 4 years <3 her ... getting to know her better! haha ... so what's this bb & bl mean and bumpstops? uh synonym please! i did take it off roading about a wk after the lift, first time ever and it was rough but nothing more than expected. w $ tight want to not spend until i have to... havent hit the fenders & there's lots of potholes in chicago unless you're speaking off road... i'm sure i hit them then!!!
Unread 03-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
JeepDoo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

If you do decide to get new shocks, which i would suggest. Doetsch Tech 3000 are an awesome deal. I got 4 for 155$ through Northridge 4x4. They are very high quality shocks so far, ive been on and off road and they easily out perform my old skyjackers.
We've got too many gangsters doin dirty deeds. Too much corruption and crime in the street. It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send them all to their maker and he'll settle them down. - Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

[URL="http://www.norcaljeepers.net/forum/"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]NOR CAL JEEPERS FORUM[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/sound-system-upgrades-speakers-amps-what-you-need-know-964324/"]Want to hear the music in your TJ, look no further...[/URL]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"][B]Longboard Drunk, Jeep Naked, Ski Powder[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="1"]and finish calculus homework[/SIZE][/COLOR]
JeepDoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
joliejeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i work at an independent auto repair shop, one of my suppliers is able to get my shocks (rancho rs5000) for 44.99/each! thank you everyone for helping me!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:27 PM   #9
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hold on, you will not likely like the ride of those Rancho RS5000 shocks. They don't come properly valved for a vehicle with the weight of a Wrangler and because of that, they are EXTREMELY stiff riding... about the same as the equally notorious ProComp ES-3000 shocks.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
Crockett
2006 LJ Wrangler 

what happened to the body lift in the heading
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
joliejeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i was wrong about the body lift........... i was told it's a body lift... it's not it's a coil spacer lift therefore suspension lift ....................... why are shocks so damn difficult?!!?!? i prefer to order from quadratec... i'd love to stick to my monroe shocks but they aren't the right size for the lift i have and i've been riding around w them for over 6 months w the lift.......... one person mentioned Doetsch Tech 3000 but didn't see those through quadratec http://www.quadratec.com/advisor/jee...rangler&lift=2 are any of those on that site any good at all... comparable to monroe?? i'm also trying to figure out how to post a new question, i can't remember how to do it!!! i need to replace my carpet, leak somewhere...need to find the leak first grr
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If QT sells Skyjacker Hydro (NOT Skyjacker Nitro!) shocks, they ride fine and are in the same price range.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
garybattles
2004 TJ Wrangler 

A couple of months after I did a 2" spacer lift one of my rear stock shocks gave up the ghost. Just lived with it until I installed my OME lift.
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:44 PM   #14
Crockett
2006 LJ Wrangler 

before you buy from QT give jason at redrock a call. they have been very helpful on my current restoration, there priced right and free shipping.
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #15
joliejeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

the skyjacker hydro 7000's ($36.99) are less expensive than the rancho rs5000 ($47.99) so they're really better?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.