Big Problem. Need help. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Big Problem. Need help.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
nirakenna

Big Problem. Need help.

We live 9 miles into a jungle and need our wrangler. We took to town to have the engine cleaned. It did not run right after this so we took it back. The mechanic took the battery cable off the battery and when he put it back, the alarm went off. He did not have the remote and he could not find the shut off switch, so he cut the alarm system out of the car. Now we cannot start the car. We contacted the alarm installer in the states and he gave us some guidance but suggested that there may be a different problem other than the alarm. Someone suggersted that the computer might be bad. Any help, greatly appreciated.

nirakenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Please give details of your Jeep for better answers.Alarm system,engine,year,etc.

(Read the profile age before being mean JF people)
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
nirakenna

The alarm was a prestige. We have no interest in hooking it back up. We just want to get jeep started so we can use it. It is a 2006 Wrangler 2.2 liter. The diagnostic computer does not read the computer in the jeep.
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
STIFLER
2005 LJ Wrangler 

um how was the engine "cleaned"
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

It must have a kill switch and now the switch may not work? My tj had that. Look under the steering collumn and see if the alarm is spliced into the inginition wires. I had to cut those and remove the entire alarm. Started right up after that
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
JustinCHorst
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertTJ View Post
It must have a kill switch and now the switch may not work? My tj had that. Look under the steering collumn and see if the alarm is spliced into the inginition wires. I had to cut those and remove the entire alarm. Started right up after that
What he said....check under the steering collum and remove the alarm, I am sure that is your only problem....also would it have not been easier for the mechanic to disconnect the battery? Thank boy genius for your troubles...best of luck!
JustinCHorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
nirakenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIFLER View Post
um how was the engine "cleaned"
It was powerwashed.

Tags
96 , alarm , computer , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.