Which is a better lift kit for my 98 TJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Which is a better lift kit for my 98 TJ

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #16
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I would do a spring lift before I would do a spacer lift.

But the body lift idea wasn't a bad suggestion either, that would allow for a flat belly skid.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman

Opinions are like A holes and nobody wants to hear or see yours.
Now, now, Boggie. Yours is as loud as anyone else's.

I'm partial to OME for ride and longevity. On the other hand, everyone's entitled to learn from their own mistakes.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #18
mracoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mracoker View Post
I dont plan on getting bigger tires than 31/10.50, so I think a 2" lift will do fine. But I'm not sure which is a better kit.

Trail Master

Rough Country

The RC has some excellent instructions, which I like. I have changed out shocks before on my 95 Grand Cherokee, so I feel I can handle this with good instructions.

Thanks!
Yes I am quoting myself! I have been bit by the bug! Damn near gobbled up! So not that long ago I actually said I wasn't going bigger than 31's

So now I am selling my 98 TJ ($5,000 is what I'll list it on here for) only to upgrade to Rubi or at least a TJ with the 4.0. Ohh and I also plan to run 33's and one day 35's. Hell I might just jump into the 35's but there is a lot more involved so I have to plan it out

Anyway wow how things change!
mracoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #19
1999TJRED85000

Wow. Lots of opinion based on people's own usage, with no questions.

What is your intended use for the Jeep? Is this a daily driver? A crawler? A second vehicle?

A lot depends on what you want to get out of it. And there's no judging ... it's a Jeep ... that's all that matters.

If this is a daily driver that won't see much rock use, go with the kit that replaces springs/shocks and then buy tires that are quiet and less aggressive treaded. You probably need the new springs/shocks anyway. If this is a Jeep that you'll be using for crawling, go with the toughest components and slowly keep adding to it. (Don't expect it to be cheap)

What's your intended usage?

Tags
lift kit advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.