Bestop Upper Door Sliders - Repair Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop Upper Door Sliders - Repair Question

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
KMacDiddy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Bestop Upper Door Sliders - Repair Question

The outside, upper part of the "window cassette" on my upper door sliders are no longer snapping together. This is happening on both the passenger and driver side window. Apparently, due to the foam adhesive wearing over time and wind. Take a look at the photos and video. Anybody have this issue and know how I could fix it? I bought some loctite but I just don't think it will hold vs the wind.

KMacDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
JEK3
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Unscrew and remove the inner trim piece. This will give you access to where the outer piece attaches. If I remember correctly, it's not snapped in, rather, it's melted in. A plastic welding kit from Harbor Freight may be the ticket here.
JEK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any updates on this? My passenger window does this and I'm tired of it. I'm debating just putting a bead of silicon or ttb in there to keep it held together.
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEK3 View Post
Unscrew and remove the inner trim piece. This will give you access to where the outer piece attaches. If I remember correctly, it's not snapped in, rather, it's melted in. A plastic welding kit from Harbor Freight may be the ticket here.
I'm reporting you to the SPCA.Your cat avatar has two black eyes and looks pissed.
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.