Bestop Underseat Lock Box + Fold/Slide Seats + Seat Risers?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop Underseat Lock Box + Fold/Slide Seats + Seat Risers??

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 10-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #16
Tlflan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJe0454 View Post
so with a little help from my trusty sawzall i got the lock box installed! no seat risers or washers needed.
Just to be clear, can you tell us what box you used, if your seat is the fold and tumble type, and did you lose any functionality of the seat after the install? Does it still slide and fold and tumble (if it has that feature)?

Thanks

Tlflan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #17
TJe0454
2001 TJ Wrangler 

its a fold and tumble seat. its the bestop underseat lock box not designed to work with that seat. i had lost the tumble functionality before doing the work so i didnt care.
TJe0454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #18
roundlitefan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So I am guessing you just cut out the hump section of floor channel directly under where the lockbox mounts?
roundlitefan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #19
TJe0454
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundlitefan View Post
So I am guessing you just cut out the hump section of floor channel directly under where the lockbox mounts?
no, i cut the tabs for the tumble function, and the spring mount. no tub modification at all. i believe i made 3 cuts.
TJe0454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #20
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have 97-02 sliders with Mastercraft seats mounted to them. The Bestop lock box bolted up after having to contort my hands into getting the front bolts started/tight (older sliders do not allow access to the front where you can gain easy access to the bolt head). Thought I was all good to go until I tried to slide the seat foward. The Bestop box is about 5mm to wide and hits the pivots that allow you to release the seat and slide it back/forth. I got it to slide, but it was like an act of congress and then I didn't trust that the seat was fully locked into place. IMHO not worth the trouble or safety risk, so out came the Bestop box.

Now on to round #2 I have my OEM 05 seats and sliders with a 1.5 riser kit. This WILL NOT work either as the tilt bar is still in the way of the box sliding back into place.

IMHO this is a very POORLY designed box. I liked the size of it, but Bestop needs to redesign it by being 5mm to 10mm shy in width and then 1/2 an inch shorter. I also think the lock should have some sort of rubber boot to cover it from the elements. That lock didn't work very smoothly out of the box and I can only imagine it with a little dirt/sand/mud in it!!!
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #21
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have the tilt forward seats, hockey puck seat lift, and one of these http://www.safeboxstore.com/safebox--portable-safe.html mounted under the driver's seat. I had to cut the tube that locks the tilt function together and bolt in a piece of angle to clear it. It fits a full size Glock and the face plate to my stereo at the same time
Unread 12-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #22
jammatime
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i made mine at work, its kind of small but its bulletproof. Now i just have to wait till i get back from deployment to install it..lol I have the folding front seats, with seat risers.. got measurements so i know it will fit..
img_0023.jpg   img_0028.jpg  
jammatime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #23
SBpunk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just went with this guy
http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-288-2...flip-seat.aspx
4:10 Gears
2 Inch Budget Boost.
SBpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bestop , do it yourself , lock box , seat mount

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.