Bestop Underseat Lock Box + Fold/Slide Seats + Seat Risers?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop Underseat Lock Box + Fold/Slide Seats + Seat Risers??

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 09-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
TJe0454
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Bestop Underseat Lock Box + Fold/Slide Seats + Seat Risers??

so i got a free bestop underseat lock box when i ordered my instatrunk back in november but havent successfully installed it as it doesnt fit! I searched threads on WF and JF for a solution but havent really found any definite solution for my situation.
Here's the plan: go to home depot and sports authority and pick up bolts and hockey pucks, install said pucks under driver seat, attempt to install lock box.
Does anyone have any experience with this install? Whether its with a seat riser, or the lock box. I would love to be able to throw my GPS, Head Unit Face Plate, and Radar Detector in there.
I dont mind hacking up the seat mount as i lost the fold function months ago and only use the passenger seat for getting people in/out. plus i am not running a rear seat anyhow and have my spare in the back w/ a duster.

TJe0454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
RubiHUFF
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 03 rubi and I used some 1 inch body lift pucks and longer bolts on my drivers side seat with this exact lock box and I love it. And actually I have a better view sitting up higher as well I'm 6'3 and have a full cage and have no issues at all with head clearance hope this helps if you want pics or any other ? 's answered lmk

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

192,000 MILES 178,000 Miles it was a Border Patrol Jeep!
RubiHUFF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
TJe0454
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiHUFF View Post
I have a 03 rubi and I used some 1 inch body lift pucks and longer bolts on my drivers side seat with this exact lock box and I love it. And actually I have a better view sitting up higher as well I'm 6'3 and have a full cage and have no issues at all with head clearance hope this helps if you want pics or any other ? 's answered lmk

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

i would appreciate pictures and part #s if you have um. did you have to modify the seat components at all?
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
SingMeat

For what it's worth, you can also use skateboard wheels instead of hockey pucks. Maybe a little more expensive though.
SingMeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
TJe0454
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingMeat View Post
For what it's worth, you can also use skateboard wheels instead of hockey pucks. Maybe a little more expensive though.
yeah i heard that idea in a thread i read on here somewhere.
Unread 09-29-2011, 12:39 AM   #6
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

This might be helpful; at least get you to thinking of other options.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/pu...-seat-1190828/
armyRN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2011, 06:24 AM   #7
roundlitefan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I would like to see this as well. I have an '05 with the fold-n-tumble style seat brackets, and even after installing 1.5" seat lift blocks, there is no way that I can get the Tuffy lockbox under there.
roundlitefan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #8
wage
2004 LJ Wrangler 

FWIW

Bass Pro Shop sells these small bullet proof locking safes that come with a steel cable. These are designed I believe for marine use. I have two of them (one for my Glock, One for my GPS) under the drivers seat locked to the seat frame. They work very well.
wage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #9
TJe0454
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyRN View Post
This might be helpful; at least get you to thinking of other options.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/pu...-seat-1190828/
ive seen that, but i dont run a back seat and would like to utilize the drivers seat if possible.

Quote:
FWIW

Bass Pro Shop sells these small bullet proof locking safes that come with a steel cable. These are designed I believe for marine use. I have two of them (one for my Glock, One for my GPS) under the drivers seat locked to the seat frame. They work very well.
i already have the box, so i might as well attempt to make it fit. otherwise i might look into those. thanks for the suggestion
Unread 09-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #10
TJe0454
2001 TJ Wrangler 

bump
Unread 09-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
tuffy2
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundlitefan View Post
I would like to see this as well. I have an '05 with the fold-n-tumble style seat brackets, and even after installing 1.5" seat lift blocks, there is no way that I can get the Tuffy lockbox under there.
Tuffy does make a drawer for the '05 WITH the flip forward seat - http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-288-2...flip-seat.aspx Check out the details and see what kind of deal our dealers can do for you!
tuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
roundlitefan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Tuffy does make a drawer for the '05 WITH the flip forward seat - http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-288-2...flip-seat.aspx Check out the details and see what kind of deal our dealers can do for you!
Thanks, but I am not interested in the short version.

1) I already have the full size Tuffy box.

2) The shortie won't fit a G17 as I understand it because the box is too narrow for a full size auto frame to fit in any dimension.
Unread 09-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #13
Night Wolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm interested to know if the normal size underseat lockable storage box will work on '05 with 1.25'' seat risers, still allowing the fold and tumble.

-1987 BMW 528e 5spd e28 - personal Panzer for the daily driven battlefield, just broken in at 300k

-1990 BMW 325i Convertible 5spd e30 - extensive overhaul in progress

-2005 TJ Sport - stuff
Night Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #14
roundlitefan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #15
TJe0454
2001 TJ Wrangler 

so with a little help from my trusty sawzall i got the lock box installed! no seat risers or washers needed.

Tags
bestop , do it yourself , lock box , seat mount

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.